I have recently purchased this phone with two remote headsets. It's worked just fine until 2 days ago. I have an error on each headset that says "line in use" and I am not able to get a dialtone. When I plug in another phone into a jack, it does not receive a dial tone either. This almost acts like I have a call waiting that hasn't disconnected or I have someone on hold. However, I do not have call waiting or conference calling. I saw someone else has written in with this problem as well, so was hoping someone had an answer for us. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You need to reset the menu once again as it is possible that the phone had hung up as there was LINE PROBLEMS . Once this was reset the CLIP facility came back. So if you can once again remove power battery and keep aside to reset , then start all over to set up the base and slave units to MESH , the intercom and line facility must work. You can remove the battery from the slave remote units to reset.
Try charging it for 24 hours, this should reset the headset. then completely delete the pairing and repair the device. If this doesn't work, there could be a problem with the mic portion of the headset.
I too faced exactly the same problem..My phone was the Nokia N70...I too thought initially this was a problem with the headset...But when I had my phone re-started, then the headset started working fine...So I think this problem is related to the phone...Try this out...All the best!
I had the same thing happen twice just recently and had to call my network and have them walk through some steps over the phone with me. They had to have me enter some numbers they gave me while talking to them and it came on. Be sure to call from a different phone than the one you are having the problem with. I also had it happen again a few weeks ago and I just removed the battery from my cell after disconnecting the bluetooth and then when I put it back together and reconnected the bluetooth it worked fine. I have had it for over a year and never had any trouble with it until this.
I was also experiencing the same problem (also after a power failure / storm) -- apparently good battery charge, connections ok, etc. I then tried removing the battery from the headset itself, waited 30 seconds, and then reinstalled the battery. This seems to have resolved the problem.
It is fairly easy to open the clamshell, but you will need a very fine Phillips screwdriver to remove the battery hold-in (it's really not a hold-down, it just keeps the battery in place. Reassemble the same way -- be sure to keep positive to positive and negative to negative.