Lightning hit close (or did) hit my house knocking out my Linksys router, my bose stereo and the security system. The window on the control panel is not illuminated and does not do anything when yoy press the engage button on the key fob (it usually beeps acknowledging it has turned the alarm on.
What do about fixing the system? Do I need a whole new one? Just a new control panel?
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert who has written 50 answers of more than 400 characters.
Re: Ademco Vista 20/15
Hi, make sure the power to the unit is off then open the front panel and see if you can locate a fuse unit. If its there then simply replace it and alls well. If there is only a printed circut then another unit is the only answer. Goodluck with a fuse. Rgards mistyman
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Aug 7, 2009 - ... Ademco ?€?Vista series?€ alarm system and you don?€™t knowwhat the codes are. ... The master code is the main user?€™s regular code, but different than the ... Be advised that an installing alarm company will not and should not... The master code can change or add the other SU?€™s as needed ...
If you want to change the password for router login page then please follw the steps: 1. Click Start \ Run\ type cmd and hit enter 2. In the black window typ the command ipconfig and hit enter. 3. Note down the default gateway and close this window. 4. Open the web browser and type the default gateway and hit enter. 6. The default password is admin and leave the username blank. 7. In the router setup page click Administration 8. In the left pane you will see Router password. Type the new password and re-type it. Then click save settings and turn the oruter off for 30 seconds and then try to login with this new password.
If you want to apply security on your router, so that no one can use your network, then please follow the steps:
1. Open the web browser and type the default gateway and enter the password. 2. Click Wireless and then Wireless Security. 3. Select WPA Personal from the drop down of Security mode. 4.WPA Algorithm should be TKIP 5.Type any ten digit number as the Shared key and note it down and click save settings.
Turn the router off and switch it on. Now whenever you try to connect your wireless devices use the shared key as the security key.
1. Click Start\ Run\ type cmd and hit enter
2. In the black window type ipconfig and hit enter.
3. Note the dealut gateway and close this window.
4. Open the web browser and type the default gateway and hit enter.
5. Enter admin as password and leave the username blank.
6. Click Wireless and then click Wireless Security.
7. If the security mode is set then note down the Shared/Security key.
You can connect the wireless devices with this shared or security key.
if you change any security setting it likely has to reboot. if the wireless won't reconnect , start with no security setting for open/no security and see how it responds. then match the settings exact. otherwise update the bios in the router.
Right click on the drive you want to share. Ex: C:\Vol-xx = name. In the pop up window click Sharing & Security. This needs done to all the drives you want access too. To share a printer. Everyone must have the printer drivers installed. The Pc that has a direct connection to the printer must also Share the printer on the network. Open Printer & Faxes, highlight the printer you want to share. Click File than click Sharing follow windows instructions.
Small suggestion regards to the wireless side of the network. Suggest you setup security so others close too you can not tap into your network. (common).