After about a week of not using the camera, I tried to turn it on, it would not turn on. Ok so I tried to charge the battery but instead of a solid red light coming on a blinking red light came on. After leaving the battery on the charger for about 4.5 hours the camera still will not turn on. What is wrong with this camera? It is brand new...I haven't even had it for a month yet.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I have had mine for over 3 years and this just started happening. I bought a new battery and it seemed to fix the problem for about a week but is doing it again. It seems like it won't fully charge now like it formerly did!
I'm guessing you tried to turn it on way too soon and fried the circuits. A camera with fresh water damage should be buried in a bowl of dry rice for a week before even attempting to turn it on. Salt water damage?....chances of a complete recovery are slim to none.
Things to check first for a camera that won't turn on are battery contact points, and micro switches that are located on the battery and memory card doors. Troubleshooting tips on other things that need to be checked may be seen here. These tips won't work for every case, but they're worth a try.
Does there is something happened when you turn on the camera? If you can heard sound made by the len or the camera try to open but turn off in a second?
If so, there is something wrong with the lens, and this how to fix camera lens error will be helpful.
Else, if the camera are without any reaction you can check it the joint of the camera to battery is well.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged & clean the battery connector point in side the battery compartment.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. Now turn on camera( with out card ) and see ,if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine .
Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a
back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec ..
in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success.