Every time I put in a DVD and Turn the volume up, the reciever shuts off, I can turn it right back on, and it will play for a while and shut right back off. If I play the DVD at a normal lvl it works. Can anyone help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
It sounds like protect circuit is kicking in due to excessive current. If an OHM meter is handy, check for shorts on your speakers. If not disconnect one speaker at a time from the back of the reciever. Play unit at the volume that it fails. If it then plays fine you've isolated the bad speaker.
Check the ohm load for the reciever, then check to see what ohms are of the speakers. make sure they match. 4ohm to 4ohm, 8ohm to 8ohm. If unit feels hot when it shuts off, it's a themal overload, put in to keep the reciever from getting damaged. It comes back on when cool right? Overload could be on its way out and shutting down at a lower temp too
Sounds like either the volume is turned up too loud, or you have a short. Have you tried disconnecting all the speaker leads from the rear, and then powering it on? Usually if it turns on for a short time and then shuts off, it is throwing itself into protection mode.
I solved the problem but i am not going to tell you how because you were trying to charge me money to get advise. that is bull ****!!!!!! give me a life time subscription for free and I will tell you my expert opinion
unplug the reciever for at least 15 minutes. then replug in all of your speakers making sure there is no bare wire showing. if the reciever doesnt ower on replace the fuse inside(make sure unplugged from wall)
you have a faulty circuit somewhere, whether its in speaker wiring, or power source, i dont know, but your reciever has an automatic circuit breaker in it for protection, and a faulty circuit will trip it, i would assume it is a power source problem since it wont turn back on, check wiring, plugs and look around, and smell for burnt, or hot components.