If it is spinning and then stops, you may need to adjust the laser. It is very tricky and you can break the laser/lens if you are not gentle. If you get a not saying that it cannot read dis, you may need to clean it. It sounds like your lens/laser is bad or you need to have it adjusted. If you are going to open it, only open the fat one, not the slim because the slim has a connection that you can bust if you open it. If you are going to clean it, use a qutip and alchol and be very gentle.
An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: PS2 Won't Spin Disc!!!
Is this the big ps2 or slimif the big one does it say disc read eror or something is yes the lens might be dirty so if you want to void the ps2 open it up screws under rubber tabs then open the drive where disc goes then lightly clean the lens with a cloth and try it then
also does this happen with all the games or just one or two
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If you find out that it is spinning then the laser was probably knock ajar and will need adjusted. There are good step by step instructions on several sites if you search for that. I had to do it to mine that would spin and then say disc read error. The whole thing does have to come apart but when you have it apart the adjustment is the easy part.
There are 4 reasons a disc won't spin on the Slim PSP. The most common is a failed laser.
1. Failed laser -- the disc will not spin up to speed, or not spin at all, due to a bad laser. If you close the PS2 with no disc inside, the ps2 will never spin the disc. If you chose the PS2 with a disc inside but a bad laser, it still thinks no disc is inside and will not spin.
2. Lid closed sensors. There are two of them. One on the motherboard and one on the reset switch. These sensors let the PS2 know that the lid is closed. If one or both of these break, the disc will never spin because the PS2 will think the lid is still open.
3. Damaged case. If the case of the PS2 is damaged, the two parts of the lid that are supposed to press the lid-closed sensors will never press them.
For more information, pictures, and parts, click into the following page:
If your spindle has stopped spinning, it will most likely be 1 of 2 problems. Either your spindle motor has burnt up, or even though it is very unlike, a lead wire that supplies the power to the spindle has became disconnected. Now, if the case it the burnt up spindle motor, there are hundreds of motors for every kind of PS on, of course, E-Bay. If the problem is for some reason, a soldered wire has broken from the motor. It is very simple to re-attach the lead with a quick touch from a soldering iron. I hope this has helped.