Codes to program a universal remote to this device
I have the sanyo DWM-390 DVD Player, never before used, still in box, that a friend gave me from his storage. Ive sinced plugged in and attached the player, and used it. It works fine, however, he had lost the orignal factory remote for the device. I have a sony brand universal remote control, i can program to use, but i can not find the programming codes for the dvd player anywhere! what are the codes to program a remote to this model dvd player?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
3 possible solutions to your problem starting with the easiest:
1. The audio/video cable is bad. It is possible the video side of the cable has a short.
2. Inputs on the back of the TV are mislabeled or aren't matching up with how you are connecting or using the inputs. Feel free to post a picture of the back of the unit with your cords attached and I can tell you for sure.
3. Some dvd players require you to select which video output mode to use. Most of the newer ones come defaulted to hdmi output and might need a menu selection changed to output using component or composite outputs (whichever you are using). Composite will just have the red and white connector for audio and a single yellow connector for video. Component uses the same 2 audio connectors and then red, green, blue conectors for the video.
The best bet is to contact Sanyo and to obtain a replacement remote, you can do that either by contacting Sanyo direct or finding their closest authorised repair agent. I don't reccomend getting a universal one as the majority of the time, they do not work. Be prepared to find the remote may be very expensive in some cases. I hope this helps.
For the DVM-390 model, I believe this solution should work on the DVM-395 model - Push and hold down the Open/Close button until "UN-LOC" appears on the FL display (or "Disc Tray Unlocked" appears on the TV screen).
Forgotten Parental Control password can be bypassed/cleared by entering "788444" even if 4 digits "----" appears, then press ENT to clear the current password. You can then enter a new parental control password.