I have this camera and i just fully charged the battery and when i left it on my desk for 5 minutes in the "on" mode it turned off suddenly and the lens is now stuck open. when i turn it back on access pops up and then it tells me to turn it on and off again. after doing so it still doesn't work. i have tried taking out the memory stick and the battery then turning it back on and still no luck. any ideas??
This is what I found out on this and how I fixed it. This is all relative to my camera. What I found out was the view finder has a small detent which rides in a groove. When droped or bumped it falls out of the groove. To fix this I had to remove the lens assembly and realign the view finder guide. I was a fairly simple procedure.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Seems to be the case where the battery is not fully recharged , Please follow the below steps :-
Please make sure that you charge your battery fully , till the time you see an indicator for the battery being fully charged , or may be you see an icon in the display screen with the charge status.
As far the 6.30 hr duration that you have mentioned, this duration reflects the time that you have left for total recording space on your disk or memory card depending on your current source for recording.
The above duration is not to be confused with the battery usage time.
Make sure the battery is fully charged. If it isn't then charge it up and hopefully your problem is solved. If it is fully charged take it out of the camera for a minute or so then put it back in. Try turning the camera on.
SOunds like your battery is bad. try discharing it :
Place the battery in your camera until it itself turns off. In this situation, the battery is fully discharged.
Take out your battery and slide it into your battery charger.
Connect your charger with power to fully charge the battery. It is normal for a new battery that battery indicator shows 100% capacity in 10 to 15 minutes. Please keep charging until there is no time left for charging.
Fully charged and fully discharged or "cycled" as much as five times to condition them into performing at full capacity.
Try it and see if it works? If the batteries are not rechargeable then the problem is in the cameras power supply and you need to take it in or replace it.
Hi there please follow the steps and let me know the result.
1. Ensure batteries are fully charged.
2. Look carefully between the lens and the camera body for any sand, dirt or any damaged etc.
3. Try turning the camera with the lens facing down and shake to dislodge anything stuck
4. Try removing batteries and memory card, wait 5 minutes and refit the battery only.
5. turn on camera and see.if working then fix the memory card & again turn on the camera. If working then fine . Otherwise format the memory card and fix back in camera again & try. Make sure before format the memory card take a back up all photos in your computer then format. If no luck then reset or restore the camera setting by pressing Menu key for 2 sec .. in not done the press both Menu & self time key for 2 - 4 sec.
i hope it will gives you success. Thanks & Before you leave, if you have found my information helpful and if you haven't already done so then please press the ACCEPT button, this is how I am paid for helping you today. POSITIVE feedback & bonus is appreciated
To save battery power, the camera automatically goes into sleep mode and the monitor turns off if there is no operation when the camera is turned on (when the lens cover opens and the monitor is on). No picture is taken even if the shutter button is fully pressed in this mode.
Operate the zoom lever or other buttons to restore the camera from sleep mode before taking a picture. If the camera is left for 15 minutes, it automatically turns off (the lens cover closes and the monitor turns off). Press POWER to turn the camera on.