I have two problems with the printer:
1.Although the printer is full of paper - the E sign stays on.
2. Check print cartridge light stays on even though I put in a full black cartridge yesterday.
Resolution 1 I tried to resolve it by re-installing it through Add A printer in the Control Panel.
Resolution 2 I unhooked the power plug over night.
Nothing has worked.
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
See this is the common problem i got so many query regarding this proplem ,you can easily solve this problem , when you placing the paper in paper tray be very carefull put very slowly inside when you feel a little bit of resistent stop it that mean paper is properly inside dont put so hard inside.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.1 Switch off the printer and disconnect the powersupply. Allow any residual charge to fade away before putting your hands ormetal tools inside the chassis.
2.Step 2 Pin down the exact location of the jam. Thethree hot spots for a jam are the paper tray, anywhere between the feed trayand the print carriage, or between the print carriage and the output tray.
3.Step 3 Take off the front paper tray if the sheet gotstuck while it was still in the front area of the printer. If the sheet jammedhere, you should be able to see most of the paper.
4.Step 4 Pull on the sheet with both hands and steadypressure. Do not tug as you might rip the paper, leaving a chunk of it deeperin the machine.
5.Step 5 Open the back panel to reach paper jammedbetween the feed tray area and the print carriage of the all-in-one printer.Carefully remove the jammed paper from the machine.
6.Step 6 Use the carriage access door to reach a jamfurther inside the all-in-one printer. You may need to move the print carriageout of your way to clear the jam.
7.Step 7 Return any access panels to their closed andlocked positions. Plug your printer back in and flip the power switch.
1) If under warranty , call HP. or - Take out the cartridge and papers - Unplug the Power cable while the printer is on. - Wait for 10 secs. - Replug the power cable while holding down the power button, hold the power button for about 25 secs. - restart the Printer Install the cartridge and paper.
The solution to this is bizarre but worked for me.
In Vista press the windows key and R button. The Run window opens and in the run window type services.msc and then press Enter. 2. Locate Print spooler from the Services window which opened in the previous step. 3. Right click on it and select Restart.
Your printer will print a self-test page but then should be good to go.
For printing the Legal Size (8.5′x14′) in cannon LBP-1210, follow the instruction: Step 1- Go to start Step 2-printer and faxs Step 3-select printer(Canon LASER SHOT LBP-1210) Step 4-go to file Step 5-select Server properties Step 6-select creat new form (for legal page) Step 7-give form name legal 1 Step 8-give paper size width 8.50in, hight 14.00 Step 9-give paper margin top 0.30in, left 0.30in, right 0.30in, bottom 0.30in Step 10-select save form Step 11-then select advanced Step 12-select informational notifications for local printers Step 13-select apply Step 14-then close Step 15-select Canon Laser Shot LBP-1210 Step 16-select printer Step 17-select properties Step 18-select-select forms Step 19-select change forms Step 20-select legal 1 Step 21-select OK Step 22-select apply Step 23-select OK
Remember: 1 U need to set paper size (8.5′ x 14′) manually in the word documents and befor printing you need to set in printer properties “Legal 1′ for printing. Print preview may not show the whole page but the printer will print the whole page.
All the best.
PARVEZ [ info(at)parvezbd(dot)com ]
Please check the printer status at control panel printer properties if it is offline or ready. Restart your computer if necessary, you will notice all pending jobs will be printed as long as there is no problem with the connections of cables and drivers. Note: Do not cancel printing jobs in the middle of sending data mode to printer or queing instead you have to remove all papers on tray and wait for the error "paper out or empty" then there click Cancel. Hopes this helps.
Please follow the below given instructions to resolve the issue.
Please click on Start >> Programs >> HP >> HP Director.
Click on Settings >> Print Settings >> Printer Settings.
Click on Quality Tab at top of Printer Settings Window >> Set the Paper type as " Plain Paper " .
Click on Layout Tab at top of Printer Settings Window > Set the Paper size that you are using >> Click on Apply and then on OK.
Try Printing, that should resolve the issue that you are experiencing with.
If the issue still persists, try installing alternate drivers by following the below given instructions.
Installing the Alternate drivers:
1. Right click on My Computer, select Explore and then goto Control Panel, and then select Printer and Faxes.
2. Double-click the Add Printer icon. Click Next.
3. When prompted, choose Local, and then click Next.
4. In the Manufacturers list, choose HP.
5. In the Printer list, choose the HP Deskjet 870C printer, and then click Next.
6. Choose the port as parallel port, and then click Next.
7. The printer name should be listed as HP Deskjet 870C Printer.
8. Click No when the "Do you want your Windows based programs to use this printer as your default printer?" message appears. Then click Next.
9. Click No when the "Would you like to print a test page (recommended)" message appears. Then, click Finish.
Configure the alternate printer driver
1. Right-click the HP Deskjet 870C printer icon placed in the Printers window.
2. Select the Properties menu item.
3. Select the Details or Ports tab.
4. Select the DOT4_00x (where the "x" represents any digit) port from the Print to the Following Port list.
NOTE: The All-in-One model number should appear as part of the port destination.
5. Leave the printer identified as HP Deskjet 870C printer, and click the Apply button.
6. Close the Printer Properties window.
If Deskjet 870c is not listed, you may even try with Deskjet 990c or 550c