Question about Whirlpool RMC275PD Microwave Oven
When you set the heat time and hit start button the light and fan come on for a second and then everything shuts off and 4 8's are displayed. You can initially set the clock but you have to reset it after it shuts down. I have turned the power off for several minutes and powered back up but it still has the problem. I have checked the bottom door switch and it turns the light on and off. I can hear the top door switch click but I do not know if it is working when I shut the door. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We use this microwave a great deal.
Wonder what that belt was? This model doesn't seem to use a blet of any kind. This may be a problem with the control panel assembly, which we repair nationwide for $39.95. Full information on our service is available at our site, which is linked at our listing here on FixYa: http://tinyurl.com/yzjozk Please feel free to follow up here or privately if you have other questions.
Posted on Sep 28, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 19, 2016 | Magic Chef MCD1611ST Microwave Oven
Oct 25, 2015 | GE Profile Spacemaker Over-the-Range...
Make sure that the program controller is working if not check
power - step down supply, the pads are responding- if not faulty pads- or the
door switches, if the switch contact are not good then it will not trigger the
processor to switch on the waveguides. If the lights or fan work without any
display or action of program being triggered to start then it can be a possible
fault on the main board or the processor. Sometimes insect secretion can short
the board and display panel and so the processor can work in such an erratic
manner. If so clean, solder and reset the board. Now identify the parts by
clicking this link: http://www.espares.co.uk/advice/microwave/a/5/141/identifying-microwave-parts.html
If there is no heating
please do not switch on unless you have confirmed the fault. It is possible
that the Magnetron is faulty, the temperature cut off is faulty or the main
capacitor is short. It is also quite possible that insect can get into the oven
and create soft spots. When you switch on these will create a short and make
the voltage jump and in the long run damage the magnetron. Check this link to
know how a microwave works:
Feb 11, 2013 | Panasonic Microwave Ovens
Sep 08, 2009 | Emerson Microwave Ovens
Mar 21, 2009 | Microwave Ovens
Feb 01, 2009 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jan 12, 2009 | Panasonic NN-S763BF Microwave Oven
Dec 01, 2008 | GE Spacemaker JVM1640SJ Microwave Oven
Jun 23, 2007 | GE JE1540 Microwave Oven
189 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!