Question about Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
3 red light
And if you do try to fix it yourself, or you've voided the warranty ( by already opening it) make sure you DON"T do the " towel Fix " it will only make things worse. you need to do an X Clamp repair. It's simple. I had no experiance whatsoever.with electronics. and I was able to figure it out the first time I tried it. I did it three weeks ago and my X box is quieter than ever and it works fine. so serach on you tube " X Box 360 X clamp fix " and you should see what you need to fix your problem.
Posted on Feb 05, 2008
Clean all of the dust out from around the fan vents on the back of the xbox, blow out all of the connectors with a can of compressed air ( bought at most electronics retailers) , and if that doesnt work contact microsoft
Posted on Oct 31, 2012
Hello monu manat, Do not try to fix it yourself!!!!!! Microsoft has extended the warranty on all Xbox 360 consoles.The new warranty covers new and previously purchased Xbox 360s for three years, for the three flashing red light error only. So, if you get 3 red lights (a.k.a. RROD, three red lights, circle of doom, etc.) hardware error, you?re covered don?t try to fix it, don?t open the box. Send it back for free repair. Here are the full details: Xbox 360 Warranty and Service Enhancements :http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/resources/warrantyupdate.htm Here is the new warranty FAQ : Xbox 360 New Warranty FAQ:http://www.xbox.com/en-US/support/systemuse/xbox360/resources/warrantyfaq.htm hop this will fix your problem. best regards AMINE
Posted on Aug 27, 2007
SOURCE: red light on my xbox 360
Turn console of, hold sync button down wich is the small white button next memory card slots, while holding turn on console and wait till it boots. If this does not work go to system blade, select memory, press y on the HD symbol, press xx left bumper right bumper xx, select yes. This will restart your console from scratch though all profiles and saved data will be lost, but it will clear any corupt data.
Posted on Sep 16, 2007
SOURCE: xbox 360 red light
Unfortunately there is nothing that you can directly do to fix this problem without voiding your warranty,. This means that if you attempt to repair it and fail MS will not fix it for you.. The "Fix" posted by others SOMETIMES works, but NOT ALWAYS.
Pleae be careful with your expesive gear!
You have a hardware failure. Microsoft will repair your unit for you under warranty / recall.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
If my solution was helpful, please vote for me!
Posted on Nov 16, 2007
SOURCE: xbox 360
I just fixed my Xbox360 3 RROD error by removing the heat sinks and reflowing the solder on both the CPU and GPU by using a heat gun and aluminum foil.
1. Remove the XClips and heatsinks.
2. Get some foil and press it around the GPU and CPU chips. This is to protect other SMT devices from getting blown away when the solder melts. I covered about half the PCB surrounding the chips.
3. Cut out a square hole for the chip you are working on, I used my fingernail. Give about an 1/16 inch gap all around the chip for heat to get under the chip but not on the caps etc on the PC board.
4. Run the heat gun all around the edges of the chip, trying not to overheat the silicon chip itself or the caps and resistors on the chip.
5. While heating the chip, I used a thin piece of solder near the chip to guage when it was hot enough to flow the solder (dont let this piece get onto anything when it melts) move all around the edges, aiming at a 45 degree angle into the chip.
6. Clean off the old heat sink compound off of the chips and heatsink and replace.
7. Reassemble the heatsinks, put the XClips back on (no I did not modify anything).
8, To do a quick test, plug in the power switch PCB, the fans, video and power. See if it works, shut it off as soon as you get the spinning green lights (it will overheat quickly without proper cooling giving the two vertical red light error).
Posted on Oct 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 19, 2011 | RIM BlackBerry Bold 9000 Smartphone
May 18, 2010 | Washing Machines
Feb 21, 2010 | Sony Playstation 3 (PS3) Console
Oct 26, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 26, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Oct 25, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Aug 11, 2009 | Microsoft Xbox Console
Oct 22, 2008 | Microsoft Xbox 360 Console
Usually answered in minutes!