Procedure for setting Digital Zoom PowerShot A520
the LCD monitor is on, images can be zoomed with the combined optical
and digital zoom functions as follows (figures are approximate):
5.7 times, 7.1 times, 8.9 times, 11 times, and 14 times
1. Press the <DISP.
> button to turn the LCD monitor on.
2. Turn the shooting mode dial to any Shooting mode except for
3. In the [
(Rec.)] menu, select
4. Select [On] using the
button and press the <MENU
5. Press the zoom lever toward
and hold it.
- The lens will zoom to the maximum optical telephoto setting and stop. Release the lever and press it toward again to further zoom the image digitally.
- Press the lever toward to zoom back out.
6. Shoot the image.
- Shooting procedures are the same as for the mode.
- The digital zoom cannot be used when the LCD monitor is off.
- images become coarser the more they are digitally zoomed.
- Since camera shake may become a factor when using the digital zoom, the use of a tripod is recommended.
- Digital Zoom is disabled when the [Postcard Print Mode] is selected as a image quality setting.
IF this fails, your camera is in need of service.