- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I understand your Frigidaire air conditioner, model# LRA067AT7, will not turn on. I also see that the wall outlet is good, so you are wondering if there is an automatic shut off if the filter has not been cleaned. Your air conditioner does not have an automatic shut off, if the filter has not been cleaned. Please start by cleaning the filter. You can do this easily with the following instructions:
The air filter should be checked at least once a month to see if cleaning is necessary. Trapped particles in the filter can build up and cause an accumulation of frost on the cooling coils.
1)Push the vent handle to the Vent Closed position (where applicable).
2)Open the front panel.
3)Grasp the filter by the center and pull up and out.
4)Wash the filter using liquid dishwashing detergent and warm water. Rinse filter thoroughly. Gently shake excess water from the filter. Be sure filter is thoroughly dry before replacing
5)Or instead of washing, you may vacuum the filter clean.
Also, be sure your air conditioner is properly grounded. To minimize shock and fire hazards, proper grounding is important. The power cord is equipped with a three-prong grounding plug for protection against shock hazards. Your air conditioner must be used in a properly grounded wall receptacle. If the wall receptacle you intend to use is not adequately grounded or protected by a time delay fuse or circuit breaker, have a qualified electrician install the proper receptacle. Do not run your air conditioner without outside protective cover in place. This could result in mechanical damage within your air conditioner. Do not use an extension cord or an adapter plug.
The power supply cord contains a current device that senses damage to the power cord. To test
your power supply cord do the following:
1)Plug in your Air Conditioner.
2)The power supply cord will have TWO buttons on the plug head. Press the TEST button. You will notice a click as the RESET button pops out.
3)Press the RESET button. Again you will notice a click as the button engages.
4)The power supply cord is now supplying electricity to the unit. 4)
I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your appliances status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
I understand that your Frigidaire air conditioner will not start. I also see that it slowly declined until it just gave out. I suggest contacting your local authorized technician for further assistance. They have been trained on your particular appliance and should be able to determine why it is not receiving power. I hope this is helpful.
I understand that your Frigidaire air conditioner, model# FAM187S2A, beeps and flashes lights when you first plug it in. First, test the power supply cord by doing the following:
1. Plug in your air conditioner.
2. The power supply cord will have TWO buttons on the plug head. Press the TEST button. You will notice a click as the RESET button pops out.
3. Press the RESET button. Again you will notice a click as the button engages.
4. The power supply cord is now supplying electricity to the unit. (On some products this is also indicated by a light on the plug head)
• Do not use this device to turn the unit on or off.
• Always make sure the RESET button is pushed in for correct operation.
• The power supply cord must be replaced if it fails to reset when either the TEST button is pushed, or it cannot be reset. A new one can be obtained from the product manufacturer.
• If power supply cord is damaged, it CANNOT be repaired. It MUST be replaced by one obtained from the product manufacturer.
NOTE: Some plugs have buttons on the top.
I ask that you please follow up with a comment on the post, at your convenience, to advise if further troubleshooting is needed or if your air conditioner status has changed successfully. Hope this is helpful.
The reset button on the power cord has to be really pushed in until you feel a click. It is a soft button, so you might think you have pushed it in enough but you must feel the click. After the first reset you no longer have to press the button unless you have other electrical power issues that trip the button.
I would try the same solution as the E1 error code, Not sure if it will work, but it seems to be the same issue
1. Power down the air conditioner using the "power" button on the front
2. Unplug the air conditioner from the wall socket.
3. Hold the front panel "power" button down and plug the air
conditioner in. Continue to hold the power button down as the machine
goes through a brief test sequence (fan & compressor each come on
briefly, etc). There is a "beep" sound at the end of the test sequence,
and the machine will be off. At this point, you can release the power
4. Unplug the air conditioner.
5. Plug the air conditioner back in.
6. Congratulations! You should now be able to operate the air
conditioner normally for another 720 hours, but only if you followed
the instructions above EXACTLY.
go to sharpusa.com and click on support, they have all the model airconditioners and all the help. its in pdf format and i dont know how to paste the info. really easy problem to fix.
Basically, tells you to make sure air filter is clean.Unplug from wall, then hold Power/on/off button down and plug unit in wall. press Power/on/off button until you hear a beeping sound(approx 5 sec) then disconnect powerplug from wall. plug back in and start your ac again. it should work!
If this dont work try the same thing but by pressing the Mode button and same kind of operation as above, but the unit will start to operate after you press mode and herar the beeps. turn off by pressing On/off button. then start as normal. if you cant get it go visit the website.