- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
You will need to use a "universal" remote control like the One4All 'Kameleon'.
Firstly configure the remote for your sony DVD player:
1. select dvd device on remote
2. hold magic button until rabbit comes out
3. enter device code 0533
Now we need to program buttons 1..5 (you may want to use the buttons with roman numbers at the bottom of the remote, and use another button for V, which doesn't exist) with the following codes, read below for instructions:
1 - 189
2 - 255
3 - 095
4 - 221
5 - 079
For some "universal" remotes, all of the buttons you need to reprogram need to be prefixed by 00. So 1 would be '00189'
This is how you program those numbers:
1. Hold magic button until rabbit comes out.
2. Press 994.
3. Press magic (don't hold).
4. Enter 3 digit code from above.
5. Press button (1..5) where to program it.
6. Repeat steps 1 to 5 for all keys.
That works, but more information on macros is included in the one4all manual for you particular model.
Having set up the remote with the codes unlock the player as follows:
1. Remove disk, put player on standby.
2. Press 1,2,3,4,5 - SUCCESS is displayed and player starts up.
3. Press 1,2,3,4,5 - player shuts down and the unit is region free.
Note that you try this at your own risk as Sony do not support this "feature".
Yes there is a hack to make the DVD region free, as far as I know there is not one for the Blu-Ray as yet.
You will need your original remote and a 7040 OneforAll remote to enable region free playback of DVD’s on the Sony BDP-S350.
Programming the 7040 OneforAll remote.
1. Press DVD
2. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
3. Press 0533
4. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
5. Press 994
6. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
7. Press 1891 (this sets key 1 – the DVD button flashes twice)
8. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
9. Press 994
10. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
11. Press 2552 (this sets key 2 – the DVD button flashes twice)
12. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
13. Press 994
14. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
15. Press 0953 (this sets key 3 – the DVD button flashes twice)
16. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice.
17. Press 994
18. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
19. Press 2214 (this sets key 4 – the DVD button flashes twice)
20. Hold the magic button until the DVD button flashes twice. .
21. Press 994
22. Press Magic Key (don't hold)
23. Press 0795 (this sets key 5 – the DVD button flashes twice)
Done - the remote is now programmed and ready to use
1. Now to make your player region free use the Sony remote that came with the player to bring it out of standby and wait while HOME is displayed
2. Make sure there isn't a disc in the machine.
3. Now on the OneforAll remote press 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 (The blue 24p light on the player will start flashing)
4. Put the player back into standby with the Sony remote
5. That’s it, the next time you turn on the player it will be region free for DVD playback If the blue 24p light doesn’t flash then it hasn’t worked, try a new set of batteries and start a fresh
In the book with the new remote will be all the codes for a bunch of different brands. Try all the codes under your brands selection. If non of them work, atleast you tried. You can always return the remote.
You might need to adjust the settings by pressing the LCD button then using the up/down/left/right arrows on the player or remote to change color or brightness. If this doesnt work, your screen might be shot. There isn't much you can do if thats the case.