Hi, I have a problem with a Sharp half pint microwave. I bought off Ebay- got here and plugged er in, it came on,when I set the time to run something "popped" in back now won't come on at all. Could it be a fuse? I have older recepticles and had to use an adapter so figure that's it. Caused the fuse to blow because no ground. HELP
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
Re: Sharp half pint
The fuse should be located on an input line filter board INSIDE the microwave. You will need to unplug and remove the outside case to get to it. Simply follow where the power cord comes in and you should see a fuse mounted on a small circuit board somewhere. This is the line filter. The fuse should be a 20 amp appliance fuse that you can purchase at any hardware store. DO NOT attempt to re-energize the oven with the cover removed. There are dangerous voltages present in the high voltage circuit (about 13,000 - 14,000 VAC). Put the outside case back on before trying an op test. Let me know if this helps.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Hi Timothy, your Microwave Sharp Half Pint, does not have any receptacle for batteries, therefore, if unplugged, it cannot generate any sound
As Robert Oliver suggests, notice that another device nearby, that if it has batteries, may be making that sound
I hope you find the origin of the beeper
Greetings Franco Dosil
Hola Timothy, tu Microondas Sharp Half Pint, no posee ning?n recept?culo para bater?as, por lo tanto, si esta desenchufado, no puede generar ning?n sonido
Como te sugiere Robert Oliver, f?jate que otro aparato pr?ximo, que si tenga bater?as, pueda estar haciendo ese sonido
Espero que encuentres el origen del emisor de pitidos
Saludos Franco Dosil
see the cause and proceed according. God bless you but can not program unit, Touchpad dead If you have a stuck
key or non-responsive key, most of the time you will have to replace the
keypad for this microwave oven repair. If your keypad is connected to
your control board by a flat ribbon wire, try disconnecting it and clean
the silver contacts with an ordinary pencil eraser. After cleaning,
plug it back in and try it. If it doesn't fix it, replace the keypad
unit. Some units actually have keypad tests to confirm your diagnosis
of a bad key.If your keypad and control is the same unit, replace
that unit. Another note, unlike stove/oven keypads and controls, most
microwaves do not have error codes or tests to distinguish whether it is
truely the keypad or control. Most of the time, it is the keypad that
needs replacing, but a small percentage of the time it can be the
control. Check the tech sheet if they can point you to the right part.