- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
The best way to fix an errant printer is to uninstall it, restart the PC, then reinstall it. Also, while the printer is disconnected, pull the power from it & hold it's power button in for 45 secs. before reinstalling.
Its not drivers issue, hard ware issue.. Scanner assm faulty,replace it..For tech guys:Open flat bed glass, remove scanner assm clean inside reflector glass with ear buds & adf glass especially at home position.. lubricate on rail refix it back.. check it..
if its a scan issue, you may need to uninstall/reinstall hp printer software. or check on the scan bed if the light is coming out when you turn on the printer. check out this link too, this have all the info you need and tech support for that printer:
ok try this and if does not work, call HP and they should send you a replacement. ONLY TRY MY SOLUTION if you have the software to reinstall your scanner.
Go to my computer right click and go to properties, go to hardware, device manager, and find your scanner in the list should be under imaging devices. Click on it once you find it and click unistall. Let it unistall
REBOOT and reinstall with the software. And then try it.
You can also have it install it by going back to device manager right click on your computer name and scan for hardware changes
that error message is nothing to do with the software part, it actaully hardware issue try the following,
1) unplug the machine and connect it to wall outlet directly,
2) unplug the power cord from the printer and press and hold ON for 1 min and release the ON button and plug it back..
3) Disconnect the power cord from the product.Press and hold # and 6 while reconnecting the power cord to the product, and then release both buttons and if printer turns off, turn it back ON and wait until it cmopletes its instialization and if still persists, it a hardware failure...............
Before we give up on the scanning/copying ability of your machine. Try unplugging the machine from the wall and from the computer for at least a couple minutes. If that doesn't work, You may also check for a factory reset switch or reset mode you can choose.
Last but not least. Uninstall the printer again, unplug it from the wall and computer. Make sure you restart the machine and even shut it down before trying to reinstall the drivers.
The above site has a patch for the scanner. Not sure if its what may be ailing yours.
Let me know what happens.