An expert who has achieved level 2 by getting 100 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 100 times.
Re: temp alarm going off
What is the temp in the freezer, sounds like temp is to low..no water should be coming out of freezer, sounds like may be defrosting
Need to check the temp to make sure its cold enough.. thats what that alarm is for
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Check along the back and sides of the freezer for any vent-like openings that are covered or blocked by packages. There may be a sensor that's not getting air flow as it should. Although most upright freezers are now frost free, there still can be ice buildup in critical areas such as the thermal sensor or the fan. Can you tell if the fan is running?
Even if the compressor has failed, your frozen items will keep the temp down for several days. I suggest you move the frozen goods to a neighbor immediately. Meat or fish in particular quickly becomes unsafe to eat without at least refrigeration.
Red Alarm Indicator Light
Under normal operating conditions, the internal temperature of the freezer will ensure the long-term conservation of the stored food. When such temperature rises above a certain level (-12 °C), the appliance will trigger an acoustic and light alarm. The light alarm is a blink red light (Red Alarm Indicator Light), while the acoustic alarm is an intermittent sound.
You can stop the acoustic alarm by pressing the Acoustic Signal Stop Switch once.
When switching on the freezer for the first time, the Red Alarm Indicator Light will blink until the internal temperature has reached a level required for the safe conservation of frozen food.
Fast Freeze function
If more than 3-4 kg of food is to be frozen:
1. Press the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds to activate the fast-freeze function 6-24 hours before placing the fresh food in the freezer, the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator Light will illuminate. The compressor will now run continuously, to ensure that the fresh food is frozen as quickly as possible.
2. It is possible to deactivate the function at any time by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2-3 seconds.
3. Place the foods in the freezing compartments (indicated with graphics).
4. Once the food is completely frozen (it may take up to 24 hours) you can manually switch off the fastfreeze function by pressing the Fast Freeze Switch for 2- 3 seconds and the Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
5. Move frozen food from the freezing compartments into the other compartments (storing compartments) to make room for another freezing.
If the Fast Freeze Switch is accidentally left on, the fast-freeze function will be automatically switched off 48 hours later. The Yellow Fast Freeze Indicator light will also go out.
I believe that you all understand. If you intend to freeze larger amount of food then certainly a few hours before some shopping switch on the fast freeze function.
3 star freezers are not storage freezers and will maintain frozen food for a short time only, They should reach -18c when closed but may come up in temperature quite rapidly when the door is opened. They are usually found as the cooling evaporator in fridges with freezer boxes in. Four star freezers are dedicated freezer storage space and will keep frozen food at the right temperature for some months.