Your computer may be getting hot. One of my computers will get hot and shut itself off or reboot. My solution was to take off the side panel and stick a small fan there. As long as the fan runs no problems.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Please perform a firmware update on your unit through using GB manager.
If that does not fix the issue, attempt the following steps to perform an emergency reboot:
*NOTE: If you have a WORLD unit, please replace the MENU button with the PROPLAY button to perform this reboot.
1. Please make sure that the unit is turned OFF.
2. Hold down the MENU button, then press the POWER button simultaneously.
3. Once the LCD (screen) powers on, release the POWER button BUT keep the MENU button pressed.
4. Once you see EMERGENCY REBOOT on the screen, release the MENU button and wait about 3-5 minutes for reboot to factory settings.
You may also try the emergency reboot using your computer (most effective way) by following these steps:
1. Make sure the GolfBuddy is powered off.
2. Please connect your USB cable to the computer WITHOUT your unit.
3. Hold down the Menu button.
4. As you are holding the Menu button down, please connect your GolfBuddy to the USB cable.
5. Once you see the EMERGENCY REBOOT screen, please release the Menu button but leave your unit connected to the USB cable until the process completes.
Yes it is possible that sense you just changed batteries with out powering it off first through the computer off. Try to reboot it. Meaning make sure it is off of course, then as you power it on, keep the on button depressed through the whole turning on process, even 10 seconds past. Meaning, while it is turning on, you keep your power button depressed or switch on, through the whole process. If this does not work, take batteries out, wait about 15 minutes and try this again. What this does is manually reboot system. Let me know, Thanks Mike from fixya.
like any computer u must remove power from the unit, consult your owners manual and remove the appropiate fuses that supply power to the GPS, note there may be 2 fuses, one is key on power and one for key off keep alive memory power, another way to do this is just disconnect the battery for 5 minutes.