My player crashed. My computer stopped recognizing it. Firmware won't upgrade successfully.
1. Reformatted the player. DONE
2. Connected it to a different computer. DONE
3. Upload Firmware. DONE but won't finish successfully. Keeps on saying FIRMWARE UPGRADE ERROR.
Any other possible solution out there?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I got help from someone on this site that helped me fix my player. What you need to do (or what I did) is delete all of the RCA files from your computer completely. Then download the firmware upgrade from the RCA website (www.rcaaudiovideo.com) Once you finish that download, make sure that the player is not connected to your computer. Begin to press both the "Play" and the volume + buttons at the same time and then plug it into your computer. Then start the firmware updater at the same time; eventually, your computer will see that your player is there and that is basically all that I did.
# To install this firmware upgrade, do the following:
1. Download the MuVoV200_PCFW_LF_1_05_02.exe file into your local hard disk. 2. Connect your player to your computer. 3. Double-click the firmware upgrade file. 4. When prompted to set your player in Recovery mode, disconnect your player from your computer. 5. Press and hold the Play button while connecting your player to your computer's USB port. 6. Continue to hold the Play button for about ten seconds after connecting your player to your computer. 7. Release the Play button when the Find New Hardware dialog box appears on the computer screen. 8. Follow the instructions on the screen to install recovery drivers for your player. 9. Double-click the firmware upgrade file and follow the instructions on the screen.
REFORMAT FOR WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER - Erases Everything: Connect your Sansa player to the computer and open Windows Media Player. Click on the Sync tab. Pull down the drop down menu underneath the Sync tab by moving your cursor over the Sync tab and left clicking on the little black arrow underneath the Sync tab. Highlight "Sansa 1GB" (wording may vary slightly), and then select "Format." - this should erase everything.
FIRMWARE UPGRADE - Erases Everything: Get the latest firmware upgrade from Sansa - it updates the firmware and erases every song in the player all at once. Note: this method doesn't work if already have the latest firmware. Go to this website and click "Firmware Updater" to find out: http://www.sandisk.com/Retail/DriverDownloads.aspx
Hi, you can try to upgrade the player's firmware, you can download it from the RCA Website (http://support.rcaaudiovideo.com/downloads.aspx?product=187), the firmware it's the second app listed.
If your computer doesn't recognize the player, you'll have to turn it
off and keep "PLAY" pressed for 10 seconds while connecting it to the
USB port, then update the firmware.
This is straight out of p. 67 of the user's manaul, available on iRiver website (it may not work if the computer does not recognize the device):
Initializing H10 67 Additional information Firmware upgrade 66 What is firmware ? It is the operating system that works in the H10. iriver provides you with the latest and best features through Firmware upgrade. You can choose manual or automatic upgrade function. For information on automatic upgrade, refer to the iriver plus instruction manual. Manual firmware upgrade 1 Select [Option - Firmware Upgrade] from the menu in iriver plus. Do not disconnect H10 during firmware upgrade. Internet must be connected for the "Firmware Update" function. Change to "Player must be connected to the PC for Firmware Upgrade function. Note Please initialize H10 player in the following cases. All music, pictures, text, and data will be erased from the player during this initialization. - if there appears to be corruption on the internal hard drive. - if an error message displays and the player doesn't boot properly. 1 Connect the player and PC using the cable supplied with the player. Open iriver plus. Select [Option-Portable Device Initialization]. 2 3 Click [Start] to begin initializing. Initializing H10
I had this same problem and almost threw out the Zen.
The trick to getting the Zen recognized by the firmware update software is to make sure you uninstall BOTH WMP11 as well as the WMP11 Runtime. Those two things are listed separately in Add/Remove programs.
BOTH must be uninstalled before the firmware updater will recognize your Zen.
maybe you need a firmware upgrade. Check your particular models brand and visit their site to get a firmware upgrade. Or you maybe just need to reformat it by plugging it to your computer and then reformat the device. You need to add some more details of your product to get the best response for your problem... have a Nice Day!