Creative zen sleek photo not recognized by win xp
I got my Creative Zen Sleek Photo from a friend and everything I did wouldn't let Windows recognize it, but then I got it to work almost magically.
1. Make sure you have the proper drivers installed for it that come with the CD. If you don't have the CD, you can download the ISO here.
2. Reboot. When it comes back up, plug the cable into your computer, then into your Sleek. The software should sync up. For some reason, my Zen wasn't being recognized from the usb port on my computer tower, but I plugged it into my monitor's USB port and then it worked. Try that, if none of that works, then it may be a problem with your computer not knowing which driver to assign to your Zen, and if so, try the steps below.
1. Plug your Sleek to your computer.
2. Open up Windows' Device manager (right-click on "My Computer" and
select "Properties". Go to the "Hardware" tab, then click "Device
3. Locate the entry for "Creative Zen Sleek" in your device list. It
should appear either under "Sound, video, and game controllers" or
under "USB Devices". Once you locate the entry, uninstall it.
4. Unplug your Sleek and wait a few seconds.
5. Plug your Sleek back in and allow the "new Hardware Wizard" to identify and install the drivers for it.
Mar 01, 2008 |
Creative Labs ZEN SLEEK MP3 Player