My TV will not switch on the green light switches on for arounf 5 seconds no picture or sound appears and the in switch back off again. If I leave the TV alone every five minutes or so it tries to switch itself on again. Has anyone had this problems at all.
Could be loss of voltage on secondary or problem on Power supply. Check 4/5 (depnding on chassis) wickman fuses on secondary if none are o/c then replace power supply components with Kit from Loewe. Part number 90415.900.
Should take tv engineer about 1 hour (max) to replace parts form kit.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There's some kind of circuit fault and it overheats,Sound like the power board on the tv need to be replaced. You can call or email the manufacturer and see what they say. Also get a cost estimate for the repair. It might not be cost effective in repairing the tv, due to the price of labor.
Switch the TV on: Press the power switch A on the front of the TV. A green indicator on the front of the TV lights up when the screen is on. If the indicator is red, press the
-CH + keys on the remote control.
The green light blinks every time you press a key n the remote control.
- make sure your cover is placed back ON or put a tape over switch cover.
- Are you getting any sound? if so, check your connection on the ballast.
- You should have one small green light ON from the back when TV is OFF. When you turn ON the TV manually or by remote, You should hear one click and then the color wheel starts turning, then the large light bulb should start to turn ON, then a few seconds later the sound and picture appears. If the remote or manual functiomn does not do anything,m then your DIGITAL board is gone. If you get the TV to turn ON and get something, there is a problem else where, probably ballast board near switch cover bottom right.
i had same problem today, it had locked up during deal/no deal unplugged it three times nothing happened, wouldn't switch on unplugged again left it for 5 minutes then plugged in and left alone for 15mins plus lights flasing then evetually green light went all ok
Those blinks [flashes] are fault indication (Error Codes). From the number of blinks occur at one time switch ON, you can get an idea about the faulty circuit section inside it. This will make repair easy. These are called blinking codes. Make sure about the exact number of blinking of the standby/power LED, by switching On & OFF the set, for at least two times. Count it carefully. If you wish to get some details, check the site linked here. It has details about blinking codes, and fault locating procedure, to many popular brand TVs and other devices. http://homenol.blogspot.com/ http://electronicshelponline.blogspot.com/
If blinks continue without any pause, the main board is faulty.