Last night i had my phone charging using a home power outlet. It had been plugged in for 30mins or so then it started beeping at me like I was trying to change the ring style. I unplugged it from the charger and since then I can't use any keys. Sometimes it has no key response and other times it pops up the volume screen. help?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Sounds like its either going offline maybe checking the outlet and the cord that plugs into the base. It may also be the battery needs replacing,it has been run down and charged again too many times.it may hold enough for a dial tone but not enuff to even ring,just beep I stead
Assuming you are trying to charge the Nokia via the computer? First off, the best way to charge is using the direct method with a wall based transformer. That device comes with your phone and plugs into the wall socket. The Power (Amps/Voltage) emitted from the charging device is directly proportional to the phone battery and thus you have an apple to apple and not an apple to a peach, so to speak. Rather than mess with the current battery, I would get a replacement battery of the same value, and start fresh. Batteries are no expensive and do not last a very longtime, so try that first.
I had the same problem. This procedure from the "Technical Questions" section of http://shopdelphi.com/consumers/support/faqs/myfi/ worked for me: "My MyFi won't power up, how do I reset it?
To reset your MyFi, start by turning the receiver off and removing it
from its (car, home, audio system) cradle. Then remove the back cover
and battery. Using a small paperclip, press the reset button located on
the top left corner of the battery compartment. Now plug the AC power
adapter into a wall outlet and plug the power port directly into the
bottom of the MyFi (battery stays removed). Wait 10 seconds and listen
for a beep. After you hear the beep the message "insert battery" will
appear. Cycle the MyFi to ensure it powers up and powers down. If the
power cycle is normal, then turn off the MyFi, unplug the power adapter,
and reinstall the battery. Re-plug the AC power adapter directly into
the bottom of the MyFi. Wait 10 seconds and listen for a beep. After the
beep you will see the message "battery charging". Leave the MyFi
plugged in until it's fully charged. You will see the message "charging
complete" displayed. After the MyFi is fully charged, turn it on and
reset to the factory defaults. Unplug the MyFi from the AC power adapter
and using the battery power leave it on until it fully discharges
(approximately 2-5 hours). Plug the MyFi in using the AC power adapter
to recharge the unit and resume normal use.
If you need help at any point during this process contact us at
1-877-463-3574 for technical support."
If the charger is plugged in, the phone is hooked to it, and it still will not come on, I would think it's a charger or electrical outlet problem. I think most phones will bypass the battery power if they are plugged into an outlet, so try another wall plug, and if that wasn't it, try a different charger. If a different outlet and charger don't solve it, it may be time to take it to the store to be checked.
First plug the charge adapter into an outlet, then plug into the unit. Push the power button to turn the unit on. Now, push the button for the light. The light should come on. At this point you hit the charge button and the green light should start blinking and there will no beeping. Then turn off the light. The green light should continue to blink and the unit will charge. This worked for me, hope it helps!
During moving the power connector which looks like a big telephone plug or a data plug may have been wrenched loose, from the internal connector, inside the plastic plug. Use the power plug from the other phone to test. There is no battery in the phone to charge. If changing the power adapter and plug fixes the problem have you telephone company check the connector or go to radio shack and buy a plug and a cheap tool to replace the plug.
The following worked when I had what appears to be the same problem. Solution :- Remove batteries, remove power connection, wait 30 minutes, re-connect power and replace batteries then press button on base until it beeps. Both handsets started continuous beeping which eventually stopped and everything was returned to normal. Admittdly this sounds almost identical to the process used by 'versailles' above, but at least it confirms that the technical info given by the BT Helpline does work