Very low sound volume
1. In bottom right of your taskbar is an icon of a small speaker, click on that and make sure the slider bar is at 100%.
2. Click the windows button in lower left corner and then click on control panel. Then click Hardware and Sound, then click adjust system volume and make sure those are at max volume and not muted.
3. Depending on your system there may be software that installed to manage your sound card or onboard sound, if there is usually there will be an icon representing it on the lower right of your taskbar. Open that and make sure sound levels are set to max and not muted as well.
4. Make sure you plugged the speakers into the right jack in the back, sometimes when plugged into the wrong hole you can faintly hear sound but thats it, USUALLY its the light green jack you want but that can vary (some sound card/connections will have small icons by each of the colored jacks as well though they are usually faint and kinda hard to see...they can help make sure speakers are plugged into the right spot)
5. Its possible your speakers are just old or defective and simply need replaced.
Feb 18, 2011 |
Computers & Internet