Question about Frigidaire ATF6000ES Front Load Washer
I have a Frigidaire Affinity Front Load Washer and I am having a problem with it. It shows as error code of E41. It does not appear to be draining all the water and is making a really loud noise when attempting to spin. I have a feeling my pump may be clogged or possibly even bad, but I cannot get the front panel off to take out the pump. I have taken the 4 screws out of the bottom of the front panel and even taken the ones out of the top, where you add detergent and softner, but I stil cannot get it off. Any suggestions on removing the panel without damaging anythign else and without breaking or damaging the seal for the washtub? Am I even on the right track with the pump? I have already checked the drain hose and the house drain, neither of which are blocked.
Instead of replacing the door switch assembly, you may want to try this because it worked for me:
2. remove the door switch assembly
3. carefully take the cover off this (there are 3 plastic tabs to open it)
4. refer to this diagram http://www.applianceaid.com/ads/doorsw417.jpg and bend the contact towards the contact on the coil (away from you in this picture) with some needle nose pliers. Watch the white contact switch as it tends to pop out. before you re-assemble it, poke the switch and see if the contact makes actual contact. if it does reassemble the unit and go about your merry way. if it doesn't bend it a little bit more.
do not bend this contact any more than you have to as it will always read as door closed if it is bent too far.
Posted on Sep 13, 2010
We have had the absolute worst experience with this washer. It beeps any time, turns on and off ALL the time, and we never know if and/or when the washer will actually come on and wash the clothes. I've had to smell the clothes in the morning to see if it actually turned on over night and washed the clothes.
We have had it replaced once under the warranty and will have to go back to the dealer before the warranty ends to try and get a new/different model washer - one the WORKS.
Has anyone else ever had this problem?
Posted on Jan 16, 2008
U should be able to get to your pump from underneath or from the back dont try taking front panel of because you have to take the lid/front fasure and then u will be able to get to the screws your pump will be blocked with more than likely blocked with a coin usual thing
Posted on Aug 12, 2007
E41 Control board thinks the door switch is open.
to check control In the J2 plug on the control, measure voltage
from the black wire to ground with power on.
1) if 0 volts. Check the door strike. If good, replace the
door switch assembly.
2) if 120 volts. Replace the control board.
Posted on Aug 24, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Hello phrainer3 - Error code E41 indicates that the main control board thinks the door switch is open. Contact a professional to check the continuity between the pins in the plug and door strike. The unit either has a defective door switch assembly or main control board.
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: