When I switch on my laptop, then many programs like yahoo msngr, rediff bol, google desktop etc. all opens up and I had to close them down again and again. I am puzzled what to do. Please help me solve this problem. Another thing, sometimes the computer gets hang on when 4-5 programs opens up and makes sometimes difficult for me to close them down. Please help me...
1) go to the start panel and click run
2) then type msconfig into the run box to bring up the system configuration utility
3)on the far left there is a tab titled startup click on that to see everything that is launched at startup
Startup items- the process names
command- the program name or location
location- the registry location (irrelevant)
4) Locate the programs and uncheck them
5) click apply and it should not start at start up anymore
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I just now fixed this problem in my laptop. This happens if u download any other Internet Browser such as Google Chrome or Firefox and uninstalled it. follow these steps to fix it..
>Open Internet Explorer >Go in Tools
>Internet Options >Program Tab
>Under 'Default Web Browser' Click on 'Make Default' Button
>Tick on 'Tell me if Internet Explorer not the default web browser'
This should solve the Application not found error in programs such as Yahoo Messenger, etc. Basically this error is because Internet Explorer is not your Default Browser & there is no other Web Browser installed on your computer to open the Link you clicked on :)