Question about Durabrand DUR-1700 Portable DVD Player
I have a DVD player my screen reads no disc no matter what disc I put in. can anyone please help?
Turn on the power and open the dvd axcess door, inside where the dvd goes is a small little push down switch, push this down, it is in the upper right side. this will let you see if the laser is powering up,if you see no red light ,your laser is bad. hope this helps
Posted on Sep 27, 2007
I had this DVD pplayer for lest than a year and now its' display screen reads no disc no matter what disc I put in.
can anyone please help
Posted on Dec 08, 2008
Most DVD players that would display such a message even with a known good disc inside signifies that the that the laser eye/lens is not reading the disc. This could probably be attributed to:
1. dirty, damaged, inverted, blank, un-finalized burned CDs or DVDs;
2. defective, weak burned-out laser eye/lens;
3. defective slider shafting (where the laser eye's carriage moves.
A few things you can try:
1. Use a CD cleaner (readily available from most computer shops);
2. use a can of compressed air and blow through the inside of the loaded disc area;
3. gently tap on the top cover where you estimate the reading/laser eye/lens would be;
4. gently press on the tray door once the disc is loaded.
Should this not be corrective, perhaps your best bet would be to seek the services of a qualified professional such as those in a Service Center. Alternately, your friendly neighborhood electronic shop should do just fine.
Hope this be of some help/idea. Pls post back how things turned up or should you need additional information.
Good luck and kindest regards.
Posted on Feb 10, 2008
Duarbrand portable DVD players are no longer supported by Walmart because the company contracted to manufacture them is no longer in business. Ripoffreport.com has several complaints on the product line. Walmart has been exchanging the item.
Posted on Jul 14, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: