At Fixya.com, our trusted experts are meticulously vetted and possess extensive experience in their respective fields. Backed by a community of knowledgeable professionals, our platform ensures that the solutions provided are thoroughly researched and validated.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
1.-check proper heat sink, or dissipation.
2.- check speaker impedance. Must match between amp and speakers.
3.-low power line on the house may cause low efficience work on the amp, overheat, and finally fuse protection.
4.- finally, check speaker wires. Thin cable overheat amp too.
hi Dan....Have you had any other service or installs shortly prior to the onset of clipping? In any case, the 8302 has Onboard Thermal Protection which is kicking in due to excessive heat. If you've had this running fine for a period of time, by that I mean at least a month, then we need to focus on why you're suddenly overheating......please update your post with any further information and progress.....good luck my friend
well the best way is keep the amp hooked up how it is now and on your amp there is a + and a - for a cap hook up the negative to the negative for the battery and the positive to a fuse like with a 60 amp fuse then the other end of the fuse link goes to the battery
Did you run your power and remote wires the same route as your RCA cables? If you dont run the RCA cables on the opposite side of the power and remote you will get feedback through your speakers. I run my power on the side closest to the battery along with the remote ( passenger in my case) and the RCA cables should be on the opposite side( driver side). They say the power current will create a disturbance in the RCA cables that you would hear as feedback. Hopefully this will help you.
sounds like an internal problem. first disconnect all spks from amp, then switch on head unit and check if amp turns on (LED ON?) then feel the heatsink, if heatsink gets terribly hot then amp has internal fault. if amp doesnt get hot then try connecting a single working speaker to each channel separately, it may occur that one channel is faulty only. amps can shut down if the speaker/s is faulty as well, check all speakers and spk wires for shorts before taking amp in for repair. cheers