I was taking a walk, listening to tunes on my MP3 when the music simply stopped. I noticed the battery was low, so I tried switching the player off. Instead of switching off, it displayed a square with a black hole in the middle of the screen. I came home and plugged in the device so I could try again to shut it off. Same square with black hole. I can hear it making clicking sounds. If it was a computer, I would reboot. What should I do?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
If a reset does not work using the reset hole, then try this: First, back up all of your music and do this: Turn off the player and disconnect it from the computer. Then press and hold the play/puse button and turn it on simultaneously. The player should be in recovery mode. Scroll down and select format (all) and let it format. Then reload all of music back onto your player and it should work like new. Hope this helps!
What happens when you plug it into a USB port in your computer?
It should appear as another drive on my computer. If you already have music loaded up in your hard drive, you could try it one of two ways.
1) copy the MP3 songs from the hard drive and paste them to the drive letter assigned to the MP3 player
2) Run Windows media player. See if your device appears on the right side of the screen. If it does you can simply drag and drop your music into the right side of the screen. It will tell you on the screen.
Hi jeweleye.....The procedure for resetting your nano is to simultaneously press and hold Select and Menu instantly. On your nano, it can be tricky to instantly complete this command at the precise same moment, so it might require a few tries......please update your post with your progress and/or further issues........good luck my friend