When restoring or updating an iPod in iTunes 7 or later, I'm guessing you got a message saying an unknown error occurred 1469
ResolutionIf you are experiencing these errors, begin by updating to the latest version of iTunes. When you have the current version of iTunes, try the following:
Follow the steps posted by apple in the solution number
one box. I had this issue once and was able to resolve
it with that article. If for some reason this does not resolve
your issue please do let me know.
- Remove any third-party USB devices you have connected to your computer (it is not necessary to remove your keyboard or mouse).
- Restart your computer without the iPod connected. While it is restarting, you will need to force your ipod into disc mode.
- Press and hold the Menu and Select buttons for at least 6 seconds until the Apple logo appears.
- When the Apple logo appears, release the Menu and Select buttons and immediately press and hold the Select and the Play/Pause buttons until the Disk Mode screen appears.
- Now, with the ipod in disc mode attempt to restore.
- If that does not resolve your issue, try connecting your iPod to a different USB port and then attempt to restore.
- If after all these steps you still have not been able to successfully restore your ipod, I would recommend going to: