Question about Maytag MMV1153A Microwave Oven
BOUGHT NEW 2 YEARS AGO FROM HOME DEPOT. sTOPPED WORKING DURING COOKING-COMPLETELY DEAD. I PLUGGED IT IN TO ANOTHER OUTLET BUT NO POWER TO MICROWAVE, NO PANEL, NO CLOCK NOTHING. CAN THIS BE A BAD FUSE IN THE MICROWAVE? hOW DO i GET TO IT TO REPLACE IT? aNY SUGGESTIONS OR HELP WOULD BE APPRECIATED
It could easily be a bad line fuse and/or line filter. To access you will need to unplug the unit and remove the outside case. Inside the unit, where the A/C power cord comes in, there should be a small circuit card (part #237068) located somewhere with a fuse mounted on it. This is your input line filter board with line fuse. Replace the fuse, first and see if this fixes your problem. This is a 20amp appliance fuse that you can purchase at any hardware store. Make sure you place the cover back on the unit BEFORE you plug it in. It is not safe to have this area of the microwave exposed with power applied. High potentials in the 4,000 volt range are present! If the fuse does not correct your problem, the circuit card runs about $26.00. Good luck and hope this fixes your problem.
Posted on Aug 04, 2007
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: