Question about Sylvania 6419TD 19" TV
Anyone know how to do It without the remote?
If there is no Menu button at its front panel controls, there is no other way to select its inputs, without remote control.
Posted on Apr 22, 2013
Follow the steps below to switch your TV to game mode without using the remote:
1. Connect the game system to the TV using the AUDIO/VIDEO inputs on the FRONT of the TV.
2. Switch the game system on.
3. Press the "MENU" button on the front of the TV
4. Use the "CH" UP/DOWN buttons on the TV to highlight the "PICTURE" option. This is the first option so should already be highlighted.
5. Press the "VOL UP" button to select this option
6. Use the "CH" UP/DOWN buttons on the TV to highlight the "GAME MODE" option. This is the first option so should already be highlighted.
7. Press the "VOL UP" button to change the GAME MODE setting to "ON"
The TV should automatically switch to GAME MODE if you are using the inputs on the front of the TV.
8. Press "MENU" to exit and play your games.
Hope this helps. Please post back if you need further assistance.
Posted on Dec 06, 2010
just go to channel setup and add/delete channel, it should exit the game mode. then do nothing unti the add/delete option exits the bottom of the screen.
Posted on Sep 14, 2008
I had to use a dishnetwork remote that I had lying around. You also may able to program a direct tv remote, replaytv remote or universal remote. I have found that putting it into 'game mode' does not work. You will not be able to change the input without a remote.
Here are the instructions for the dishnetwork remote I was using (may differ slightly from yours):
Sylvania Television codes: 733, 506, 525, 536, 566, 568, 569, 573, 600, 610, 652, 654, 656, 659, 660, 664, 665, 666, 671, 672, 674, 677, 723, 724, 729
1. Verify the remote is a DISH Network remote. Look for the DISH Network logo on the bottom of the remote and Mode buttons or lights at the top. Why?
We have the codes for all DISH Network remotes and would be happy to help you with your DISH Network manufactured remote. Please contact the manufacturer of your remote for further assistance. Detailed instructions may be included in the owners' manual that came with your equipment. If not, there may be a toll-free technical support number listed.
2. Look up the Code(s) for the piece of equipment you are trying to address. If the equipment is not listed or a Power Scan is desired click here.
3. Press and hold the correct Mode button (about six seconds) until all mode button backlights come on, then release.
4. Use the number buttons to enter the three digit number (four digit for AUX mode) corresponding to the equipment. The light will blink off after each digit is entered and then return to a steady light.
5. Press the POUND (#) button. If the code entered is valid for the remote, the mode light flashes three times.
6. To verify the code works, press the mode button. Then try several different functions for that equipment. Some codes may provide partial function, or respond differently than the button's titled function. Try the other codes listed for that device until you find one that offers more complete functionality.
7. Store the remote code for future use.
8. If the remote still does not operate the device, perform the Power Scan. If still no operation, it may not be compatible with that piece of equipment.
Posted on Jul 30, 2009
is there a TV/Video or menu button on the front of the tv? if so try the tv/video button, that should scroll through the the components you have on your tv. dvd, game cable etc. If no tv/video, hit the menu button and then use either channel up/down or volume up/down to scroll through your component options.
Posted on Dec 27, 2009
Try a cheap Radio Shack RC or AV adapter...instead of using the frickin game mode, it let's you just go back to the old school options of channel 3 or 4! Hope this helps. It's about 10 bucks and only will take minimal work to set up (just rescrew your cable cord into the box and the other end into the tv). Picked up this lil trick when we had older tvs and I wanted to play video games! HAHAH, hope my epiphany works. Feedback is more than welcomed!...or you can just buy another original remote like "that other guy on here" was suggesting @ http://www.electronicadventure.us/Merchant2/merchant.mv?screen=prod&store_code=EA&product_code=N0108UD
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Feb 26, 2015 | Philips Televison & Video
Mar 23, 2013 | Televison & Video
Nov 06, 2010 | Durabrand DWT1304 13" TV
Dec 27, 2009 | Sylvania 6427TE 27" TV
Sep 01, 2008 | Emerson EWF2004 20" TV
Aug 26, 2008 | Symphonic ST420FF 20" TV
May 24, 2017 | Sylvania 6419TD 19" TV
493 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!