Question about SanDisk Sansa c140 MP3 Player
Earlier today I was trying to add more music to my mp3 player the sandisk c140 and my computer froze, so I unhooked the player(which I don't think I did it the right way) and when I press the button to turn it on the SanDisk logo shows up and it looks like it just freezes and it won't show the music, and it looks like it is not playing anything. What should i do?
Posted by Ernestine Gamble on
SOURCE: Hello, having trouble with my mp3 player SanDisk c140.
Call Sandisk tech support, they'll walk you through a reset of the c140. If that doesn't work they will send you a new one.
Posted on Aug 20, 2007
SOURCE: Sansa C140 hangs while switching on displaying SanDisk Logo
My Sansa C140 hangs up while switching on, it only displays SanDisk Logo. Plz help me to solve this problem
Posted on May 28, 2008
SOURCE: My Sandisk Sansa C140 only display sandisk logo
You can update the firmware. This will return your device to factory settings and fix any internal errors. All your current content will be deleted.
Download this file:
This is the firmware update utility for Sanca c140 (c100 series) devices.
There is a howto.txt file included, follow the instructions.I am posting the instructions here for convenience.
1. Download the attached file and save it on the desktop.
(the player should not be attached to the computer at this point)
2. Double click the file to run it.
3. Accept the license agreement.
4. Remove the battery from the mp3 player.
5. Press and hold the center (select) button and connect it to the computer (keep holding the button, this is the firmware update mode).
6. If the New Hardware Wizard appears (now you can let go of the select button), do the following: (if asked, choose not to connect to the internet for updates), then choose to install the device automatically, then follow the prompts to finish the installation.
7. When the wizard comes up, or when the Update button becomes active (whichever happens first), you may release the select button.
8. Click the Update button, and then click OK to the message that comes up.
9. Wait until the upgrade finishes, then unplug the device.
10. Put the battery back in, and turn on the player.
11. Hopefully the update will be performed, then choose English for the language when prompted.
12. Check if the issue is resolved.
Posted on Jul 05, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!
Level 3 Expert
Level 3 Expert
Level 2 Expert
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product:
I unpluged the Sandisk from my computer and all my music got erased. Now the sansa just freezes when I turn it on and no music comes up. When I try to download more music it just won't accept it.