- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
There's only three ways this printer could not be working........
One way is .... that it does not have ink (sometimes kodak printers wont print unless both the black and color ink is above parr)
Second way is ..... it could be broken (which never happens to kodak printers, unless you hit them )
And the last way is .....the driver and the software is not installed ...therefore causing the printer not to print...... (See every printer has an installation cd...... On the cd is what they call a driver for the printer and also on the cd is a software that helps you printer/scan...etc)
Drivers for printers - Helps computer communicate with printer... (Drivers can be found at companies website under support and drivers or on installation cd)
software role for printers- Helps printers do they job....... (Example. Lets say your printer does work, does have ink and does print.......If you don't have the software installed on the computer then the printer wont be able to scan pic and docs....thats the reason for the software sometimes or i could be worst if you don't have the software)
If you don't have the installation cd than... Again drivers and softwares can be found at the companies website under drivers and support....
Try to install the latest version of Printer software from www.kodak.com/go/downloads
on your computer. then open the kodak home center software and click on scan pictures.
Adjust the settings and you are ready to go.
download the user manual from www.kodak.com/go/manuals.
KEEP ME POSTED.
Check your printer to start with scan print from the printer. That means make a copy of something using the printer. If that works then your scanner is work and your have a software problem. Un install and reinstall your software. Drivers and program software all of it. if it prints from computer then your cable is working. Tell me this works and what did work that will help me to understand better your problem.
Ok - the reason this error pops up is because there is a software issue going on. If the software is correctly installed you will see options for where the scan will go in the computer.
Having said that there are several things that can cause a problem between the printer and the software;
1) You are connecting the printer by USB to router - you may print but will never be able to scan as this is not a networkable printer. Connect it directly to your computer and recomplete the setup portion to configure the scanner.
2) You have not finished the setup. At the end of the installer you can setup the scanner but if you skipped this step you will have to redo it in order for it to connect. Click on the device manager in your dock and then next to information and settings there will be a little wheel. Click on the wheel and go to setup assistant. Complete the assistant and try to scan.
3) The printer is not grabbing the new software options - leave the printer turned on but unplug the power cord and wait for 30 seconds. Plug printer back in - when you do this it should initialize and will look to the mac for changes and the options should load.
4) Software missing - You MUST have the software for the printer installed for scanning function. Adobe and other programs cannot replace it - it has to be installed.
5) Software is corrupted. Uninstall the software (uninstaller is under applications in the HP folder) and then download (www.hp.com) and install the most recent full feature software and drivers for your operating system.
6) If all these steps fail you may have an issue with your computer and it's TWAIN drivers.