My Creative Zen vision was working fine until one day i turned it on and it was in recovery mode, and it has the options listed either -Clean up -Format All - Reload Filmware and -Reboot i have tried every option and i have reset it with a pin numerous times, Can somebody help me!?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
An expert whose answer got voted for 500 times.
Re: Player is in Recovery Mode
Ode ·1. remove all creative software from your pc (do this from start menu/settings/control panel/add or remove programs)
2. Uninstall Windows Media Player 11 and Windows Media Player 11 runtime. This will rollback the pc to an earlier version of WMP.
3. Download the latest version of the zen driver from this location: http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ame=Windows+XP
4. Make sure the zen is not connected to the pc and install run the exe file to install the software on your pc. at some point, the install will tell you that the unit is not connected. Connect the unit to proceed. it will also notify you that you are replacing an existing software, or something to that effect. I accepted or said OK to this popup. Once the firmware is installed, my started to work fine. You can now reinstall WMP from microsoft website. Hope this works for you. All else failes download the recovery tool from creatives website.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
have you tried to plug into AC yet? once mine simply refused to turn back on after a nice freeze, the reset hole did not work, and Pc did not recognised the player. It only entered recovery mode (automatically) when I used the AC charger as a last resort. if the recovery screen comes up, select reboot...
Sounds very much like a broken hard drive. Your not meant to be able to
scroll while it's scanning either. This happened with mine but i got
lucky and all that had happened was the connector came out of the hard
drive so i reseated it and it was fine. Hopefully you got lucky too.
However i doubt it as the HDD that comes in the player new is probably
which won't have a problem with the connector fitting
hi mark,I have same problem..recovery mode nothing works .. i live in australia and not sure yet who fixes it telss you about firmware download..have not tried yet..this is only something new.will try more things and post again Good luck Helen
These problems sound to me like its time to format your hard drive. To format the hard drive, put your Zen into Recovery Mode. Put a paperclip in the reset hole and hold the on/off button in the "on" position. Then release the paperclip and continue to hold the on button until you see the screen change to Recovery Mode.
Select the Format option, then Reboot. If your Zen still isn't recognized by your computer, this likely means there is a chip failure on the motherboard. Click here for more troubleshooting advice.
I had the same problem as your and it stopped working yesterday. After search for helps and now it is working again after I reloaded the firmware. But unfortunately everything is gone. You have to reload your musics again. You can try this out: 1) go to creative labs website to download the "Recovery Tool". 2) at Recovery Mode of your zen there are options: Clean Up, Format All, Reload Firmware, and Reboot. Try out Clean Up first if it still not working then try to Format All. After that try the Reload Firmware. After you done the Reload Firmware. 3) Shut down your Zen and try to connect it to your computer. Now your Zen will automaticlly power On and computer will recognize it as a drive. 4) Open the Recovery Tool you have downloaded at creative labs website. This tool will detect your Zen and follow it's instructions: It works with my windows Vista. Well, it works for me, I think it will work for your too. Good Luck!
May God bless.
Have you tried to load the firmware? First you'll need to download the firmware to your PC from Creative's website: Click here. After you've downloaded it, connect your Zen via USB to your PC and open the firmware icon, then click "Upgrade."
For more detailed instructions on how to troubleshoot your Zen, click here