Do you have an SD card inserted in the PDA?
If so remove it and restart your PDA.
Did the problem go away. If so, please, go HERE
for the Zire 71 Expansion update or HERE
for the SD/SDIO update.
You can find all the manuals for the Palm Zire 71 PDA HERE
If you don't have a SD card inserted, you might want to try performing a WARM RESET of your PDA. Youtube has a video on this process HERE
You can find instructions HERE
for performing a reset ("warm" or "hard") on your Palm PDA.
You can find other software, info, downloads, etc.HERE
for your Zire 71.
If performing a "warm" reset doesn't work, try performing a "hard" reset.
*** WARNING!!! ***
YOU WILL loose ALL of your data on the PDA by performing a "hard" reset so make sure it's data has been synchronized w/ your computer software (Palm Desktop, Microsoft Outlook, etc).
* If the information I provided you w/
* resolved your problem or lead you
* to a resolution for your problem or
* an answer to your question, then, a
* "FixYa" rating would be most
* appreciated. @:)
* (You can assign the same rating to
* more than one expert who participated
* in solving your problem.)
* It is best to wait until the problem
* has been resolved b4 rating the experts'
* solution(s). Once you enter a rating,
* the problem will be closed and we will
* not be able to continue to assist you.
* Very often it will take more than one
* exchange of information between you
* and an expert in order to resolve your
* problem. If a proposed solution doesn't
* work for you, don't rate it yet. Instead,
* post back here letting us know and we'll
* continue to work w/ you until we find a
* solution that does work for you.
* Thank you
* BJ @:)