- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
No need of any special solution. I had the same issue/error message with my DCR-DVD01 - Sony camcoder which is now 9 years old.
What i did is the following? (weird steps):
1. Turn on the sony camcoder - while connected to wall power source. 2. Keep a heavy cloth on top of your dinner table or kitchen island. 3. Hold the camcoder facing up in the regular way as you try to record a new video. 4. Hold on the front of the camcoder & at the back and gently tap on the heavy cloth (as if you are going to smash it & break it). 5. Do this 3 times. 6. Shut down the camcoder. 7. Restart the camcoder after 3-5 seconds. Thats it. This worked for me.
There are 2 things to check one of them are faulty.
1. Check its harnes in many cases this connecting wire is faulty its Part No is 1-962-081-11 Harness(PV-140)
2. Its Flexible wire FP-626 faulty its Part No 1-687-550-11 Both are available from local Authorised Sony Service Centre. You just have to remove old one and replace with new one only LCD section to open for replacement.
If camcorder shows old recorded tapes picture with correct colors in LCD but does not show live view in camera mode to record new movie then its ccd imager chip failure.
And if camcoder shows live view and old recorded tapes in its eye piece view finder but does not show any thing in LCD the its problem of broekn/ cracked flexible wire between lcd board and main board of camcorder.
Let me know your finding with bit detail to provide you solution/ helpful info.
It is available from EncompassParts.com but I don't think you want to spend this much:
Lcd Panel (52Fhd+tft
Availability by Warehouse
3 Total Availability
Estimated Ship Date
ribbon cable located in the rotating lcd is cut. thats why the shut down its grounding it self out. needs to be replaced. real pain though, cable is serpintined around the part that rotates. sony does flat rate for prob. about 250 US