Question about Blaupunkt Car Audio & Video
It is simple it does not turn on. I have disconnected the car battery to sort of reboot or something still it is dead. The car is a Ford S-max from 2009
Posted by Anonymous on
My TravelPilot died 6th January 2016 just a week after the warranty sapping all the power from the battery also :( I did try and claim at my local dealership but they wouldn't do anything, emailed Blaupunkt direct and they said I could get a reconditioned one through the dealership for £310.
Looked around and found a guy on ebay who repairs them for £160 with postage, offered him £110 and he said he could do it for £130 all in - ebay link below, it says Scotland but he fixed mine in Poland! Took 10 days from door to door but now working perfectly :) plus he says he'll fix it again if it breaks within 12 months!
Item number : 252287579918
Changed my battery as it was 6years old, and the repairer said that low power is why these units go faulty! Makes sense as it died after a holiday and the car had been left in cold conditions for a week..
Hope this info helps!
Posted on Feb 17, 2016
How to use the instruction above if device simply doesn't turn on???
I cannot insert any discs when device doesn't turn on
Posted on Oct 26, 2014
I hav an 03 and it exhibited the same problems; on off on off nothing works. I discovered this repair 2 days ago and it works perfectly and I am one happy camper.
1. Start by pulling the main fuse for the radio (if you already haven't)
2. Re insert the fuse and turn the radio on (nevermind the on off sequence). Insert a music CD, it will take one.
3. Pull the fuse again, count to five and re insert fuse.
4. When the CD starts to play, use the menus to get down to the factory default settings and ask it to reset to factory.
5. And you are now working again. Or you should be. It basically is a processor and it operates just like your home PC whn it needs a reload. It searchs to the default drive which is the CD player.
Good Luck everyone!
Posted on May 04, 2008
see link above for manual...sorry i was searching ad fell upomn it...well i just saw ur post its 2011 now!- lol
Posted on Jan 07, 2011
Tips for a great answer:
Usually answered in minutes!