Question about HTC G1
Had a similar problem on my HTC (same maker of the g1) touch diamond, the charge light/indicator would stay on even after i took the cable out.
It could be just lag. Try doing a soft reset, where ever the reset button is on the G1 (Inside the back case?) If that doesn't help do a hard reset which deletes all data/settings (other than your carriers settings, your phone will still work), you would have to look in your manual, as I dont have a G1.
Posted on Feb 27, 2009
SOURCE: g1 Phone Wont Charge
take the batteries out and put it back in again and try charging check in diff power sockets press the end of the charging cables with little amount of pressure and have a check try to connect via the usb cable to the computer and check if it charges, if works the charger is faulty if still did not work then it will be firmware problem with of phone
Posted on Nov 03, 2008
Have you tried recalibrating the battery? To do this you use the phone until it completely runs out of battery and switches itself off. Make sure it has completely run out by continuing to turn it back on until nothing happens except a red LED coming on. Then charge it while it's off until the green LED has been on for 2 hours. Hopefully this will improve your battery life.
Posted on Jun 15, 2009
SOURCE: Blue On G1
ok i had this isssue and figure out what to do. this is all afterm you know that you have a good charger and or battery.
1. completely turn of phone unplug charger.
2. take and put battery back in phone and plug charger.
3. hold hit camera button and power buton. phone will come on if the update was washed it will come straight on. if not you will see the blue LED dont worry yet. just keep holding for 15 sec.
4. while phone blue LED is still on hit and hold (drum Role) menu and track ball for 15 sec.
5. now unplug charger and take out battery. wait 10 sec
6. now put battery back in and leave charger off. and turn on. unless you was in middle of update and hardware failed this WILL bring your G1 back up and running.
hope this helps everyone . MIll$tronics signing out.
Posted on Jul 19, 2009
SOURCE: My g1 phone doesnt charge
Also, try checking the battery, on this phone you should be able to take the battery out of it and run straight to the board bypassing the battery.
If the phone turns on, great, you just need a battery. If it doesn't, you're probably have a bad circuit board/broken charger port. Take it to your nearest phone guru for repair if so.
Otherwise, keep Android'n :-)
Posted on Nov 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Aug 29, 2011 | HTC G1
Jun 16, 2011 | HTC G1
Jan 25, 2011 | HTC G1 Smartphone
Aug 12, 2009 | HTC G1
Jun 10, 2009 | HTC G1
Mar 05, 2009 | HTC G1
Jan 24, 2009 | HTC G1
Nov 03, 2008 | HTC G1
662 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!