There are two models - The TRU8885 and the TRU8885-2 -
For the TRU8885 the manual PDF form >>>Click Here<<<
The solution is on page 24 + 57 It starts on Pg 24 as...
Record Greeting allows you to record a personal outgoing message (greeting) which
the answering system automatically plays when you receive a call.
1) Enter the Answring Setup menu, and then the
Record Greeting sub-menu (see "Entering the
Menu" on page 16). To record greeting press
[STA RT] appears.
2) Press the START soft key. You will hear “Record Greeting.“ The message counter
displays 30 and then begins to count down.
3) Position yourself near the base microphone and record your greeting.
4) When you are finished recording, press the STOP soft key. Your greeting will
playback for confirmation.
Selecting Your Greeting (Base only)
Select Greeting allows you to choose between the two outgoing messages, a prerecorded
message or your own greeting.
1) Enter the Answ. Setup menu, and then the
Select Greeting submenu (see "Entering the
Menu” on page 16). P lay back greetin g
appears, and the current outgoing message is
played. LCD is an example if you recorded your greeting.
2) Once you have recorded a personal greeting, press the CHANGE soft key to
choose the greeting. The selected outgoing message is played. Each time you
press the CHANGE soft key, the phone switches the outgoing message between
the prerecorded and the personal outgoing message.
There is more on the PDF - Just ask if you need more
For the TRU8885-2 is essentially the same. The manual PDF form >>>Click Here<<<
If we need to dig further, just ask! :) We are just a mouse click away!