Is it OK if the inside of a microwave is hot after use/when not in use? I placed a cup of coffee inside a microwave at school and noticed that it felt warm against my hand inside the microwave as I was placing the cup down. Not burning hot, but warm. I microwaved the cup for 30 seconds. When taking the cup out of the microwave, it still felt hot inside against my hand removing the cup. I don't think it is supposed to be warm inside. I don't think I've ever experienced this before. Is this a serious problem? Should I not use this microwave in the future?
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I usually will test a cup of water for 60 seconds and it should be hot enough that you would not want to leave you finger in the water more than a couple of seconds. It would not be hot enough for most people to use for coffee or some other hot beverage but it would be hot enough to burn your finger if you leave it in there for very long. If it is still lukewarm after running for 60 seconds you probably have a problem with some of the major components and depending on the age of your microwave it might be cheaper to replace the microwave with a new one. Hope this helps you!
The first rule in using a microwave oven is NEVER NEVER NEVER put metal of any kind inside. You are very lucky to have a microwave to clean and are able to talk about it.
Clean it manually until every last bit is cleaned out ... cross your fingers and hope it works when you turn it on for the first time. Put a coffee cup full of water inside. Do not test for longer than 1 minute 50 seconds. If the water is hot, you can continue to use your oven.
This is a very wierd problem that we have been dealing with for years, and never seem to get a correct answer. Have actually seen green slime like oil inside the units before. From what we have heard, is that this oily substance is actually coming out of the blower fan assembly inside the unit. Its like bearing oil from the center support shaft. Will go away over time, but the fan may or may not go bad. Good luck with the mystery oil.
Sears do not make the carafe anymore but this is something that I do that may help? I took the top off the carafe an just placed it to the top of my coffee cup and sat the top part the holds the coffee on top of it and just poured the hot water from a cup I heated in the microwave. Do it very slowly until you get the it right for you, it works for and I hope it will do the same for you guys ?
It is your cup. The handle density or moisture content of the handle is causing the mwave to heat it. The rest of the cup contains a liquid (coffee?) that is absorbing any heat generated in the body of the cup. Use a different cup!
The paint or inside in my microwave oven was bubbling up. I didn't think much of it until my husband came down with tongue cancer. He didn't smoke or drink. The only thing that was strange was the way my microwave was bubbling up inside. We were given very grim news, but in time and by swithcing hospitals, my husband is now ok and has been cancer free for 5 years. If ever my microwaves start blubbling up, I throw them out, it wasn't worth the health hazards.