Question about HP C6280 All-in-One Printer
What is the usual diagnosis or outcome when an HP won't print a correct Self Test Diagnostic, containing diagnostic data, from the control panel? It printed it one (won't print another because of multiple errors), but was missing ALL data from boxes & sections of 2 pg. report - except color sample boxes (looked fine).........Gone through usual printer reset steps: power reset; clearing hardware error codes. That clears 1 (or more) errors, but they re appear........The errors just rotate - clear 1, another pops..... Carriage or paper jam (neither true);... ink system failure (printed perfect text, lines & color boxes on self test);... pump motor stalled.... DON'T think ink motor is stalled or not working. Printed perfect lines, headings & color boxes on self test.... With top cover off, can see all pump gears, belt turning normally in warm up. Pump sounds normal during printer prep. Is it just fried? Had a power outage - but it was on surge protector, ALONG w/ modem, router, VOIP ATA, PC. None were damaged....Plugged printer into wall outlet - no change.
Give this a try (from HP Support):
1. Press and hold "left arrow" key
2. Press the "setup" key and release both keys
3. Press and release the "OK" button
4. Press and release the right arrow button until the display says "System Configuration Menu". 2. Press and release the "OK" button.
5. Display should say "Hardware failure status". If not there already, Arrow Key over to "Hardware failure status",
6. Press and release the "OK" button.
7. Display should say "Hardware failure status: Clear. Press OK to clear".
8. Press and release the "OK" Button. Message changes to "Hardware failure status Cleared. Press Cancel to continue".
9. Press and release the "CANCEL" button as many times as necessary, so that, either the "Welcome to Photosmart Express" screen appears, or, the "Ink System Failure" screen appears. PLEASE DO NOT TRY TO PRINT AT THIS STAGE.
10. Using the Power Button, turn the unit OFF and unplug the power cable from back of the printer and wall outlet.
11. Wait 30 seconds for the power to get discharged and then plug the power cable into the wall outlet first and then into the back of the printer
12. Turn the unit on. The printer may display message "USE POWER BUTTON TO SHUTDOWN THE PRINTER" followed by "PRESS OK TO CONTINUE". Press OK.
13. If the printer has already initialized, then go to the next step. If not, the printer will start the "ONE TIME INK INITIALIZATION PROCESS". Allow this process to complete and do not interrupt. Once the initialization process is complete, the printer will print out a Diagnostic Page.
14. To verify printer functionality print a SELF TEST PAGE. If SELF TEST prints, then printer is ready for use or Software Installation.
15. If the error is still there, or reoccurs the printer is already defective.
Hope this resolves your problem.
Posted on Nov 23, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Jun 11, 2017 | Ford Cars & Trucks
Jun 07, 2016 | 2004 Ford Explorer
Feb 05, 2018 | Cars & Trucks
Aug 14, 2014 | HP DeskJet F4280 All In One Printer InkJet
Aug 03, 2013 | HP Photosmart 8450 InkJet Printer
Dec 05, 2011 | HP Photosmart C6180 All-In-One InkJet...
Dec 16, 2010 | Dell 3400MP Multimedia Projector
Oct 02, 2009 | HP Photosmart C5180 All-In-One InkJet...
Sep 09, 2009 | Office Equipment & Supplies
Jul 06, 2008 | HP Officejet Pro L7680 All-In-One Printer
Jul 09, 2012 | HP C6280 All-in-One Printer
109 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: