Question about Apex Digital Televison & Video
When you power the tv on you can hear it come on, but there is no picture or sound and when you hit any channel button (numbers or up/down) the tv shuts off by itself
Its main digital board should be suspected. If you are not familiar with electronics, do not attempt to repair. Whether you suffer fatal electrical shock! Instead, contact any experienced service technician, or the nearest service center.
Posted on Mar 13, 2013
Save hours of searching online or wasting money on unnecessary repairs by talking to a 6YA Expert who can help you resolve this issue over the phone in a minute or two.
Best thing about this new service is that you are never placed on hold and get to talk to real repairmen in the US.
Here's a link to this great service
Posted on Jan 02, 2017
Sounds like the typical Flyback and shorted horizontal output transistor. Problem is the transformer is NO Longer Available
Posted on Sep 14, 2006
As far as fixing goes, you might as well get a new TV... Unless its a LARGE EXPENSIVE HOLY $%^# TV, It will cost more to fix, than to just buy a new one, unless its under warranty, which being an older model as that (or so im reading) It may not be covered.
Try unplugging the TV, and while unplugged, hold down the power button for a full minute (yes, with the plug NOT in the wall) after a minute, plug it back in, and try. Its a hard reset. If it still does not work, and you've tried different outlets, It's probably a repair issue, and you'll need to get someone to fix it, or just junk it :-/
Posted on Jan 09, 2008
You can also try a hard reset: Unplug TV from AC mains and remove all cables from TV. Wait about 30 minutes and replug to AC power and redo the cabling. Switch on the TV and see if it works..
If you are having some problems with your Sony Television, then this post is for you. Generally speaking, when there is trouble with your Sony Television set -- it indicates the issue in either the diagnostic mode, or even more commonly by flashing a series of LED blinks or flashes on the front of your television. Each set or frequency of the blinks indicates a very specific problem with the television itself. In some cases, you may be able to repair the television set yourself -- or in the worst case you may need to order parts, call a local repair shop to the have a repairman sent out, or even purchase a new television set.
First off, here are the list of codes and what they generally mean on my set (which applies to many recent model Sony Television sets. Sony has provided a "self-diagnosis function" with your TV, that in the case of abnormalities or problems the LED or red blinking light on the Timer/Standby indicator flashes a number of times to indicate the issue. Here are the values of the various blinks.
* 0 times, Diagnosis: Power does not turn on. Possible causes include: Power cord is not plugged in, Fuse is burned out (F6001) (G board). Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, No power is supplied to the unit, AC power supply is faulty.
* 2 times, Diagnosis: B overcurrent (OCP). Possible causes: H. OUT (Q8024) is shorted. (D board), +B PWM (Q8035, 8038) is shorted. (D board) Symptoms of the problem: Power does not come on, Load on power line is shorted.
* 3 times, Diagnosis: +B overvoltage (OVP). Possible causes: IC501 is faulty (G board), IC5002 is faulty (G board). Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby mode.
* 4 times, Diagnosis: Vertical deflection stopped. Possible causes: +- 15V is not supplied. (D board), IC8003 is faulty. (A board) Symptoms of the problem: TV has entered standby state after horizontal raster, Vertical deflection pulse is stopped, Power line is shorted or power supply is stopped.
* 5 times, Diagnosis: White balance failure (Not balanced) Possible causes: Video out (IC7101, 7201, 7301) is faulty (CR, CG, CB board), CRT drive (IC309) is faulty (A board), G2 is improperly adjusted. Symptoms of the problem: No raster is generated, CRT cathode current detection reference pulse output is small.
* 6 times, Diagnosis: LOW B OCP/OVP (Overcurrent/over voltage). Possible causes: +5 line is overloaded. (A, B boards), +5 line is shorted. (A, B boards). Symptoms of the problem: No picture.
* 7 times, Diagnosis: Horizontal deflection stopped. Possible cause: Q8035, 8038 is shorted. (D board)
* 8 times, Diagnosis: High voltage error. Possible cause: T8005 is faulty. (D board)
* 9 times, Diagnosis: Audio error. Possible causes: +- 19V line is shorted. (A, B boards), IC708 is faulty. (A board), PS701 or PS702 is opened. (A board). Symptoms of the problem: No sound
If you would like to attempt a DIY, you will need a service manual to guide you. You can find one here:
However, be aware that there are voltages inside your TV set that can kill, even if unplugged.
Posted on Jul 08, 2008
if there's a channel and volume display but no picture,the problem of your tv is ABL..it is a resistor value from 10K ohms up
Posted on Oct 11, 2008
Press the (function or F) button and the mute button at the same time. This will unlock the screen and allow you to view the channel as desired. • If your TV asks for a 4-digit code or password please enter 3308 or 6688 to unlock the screen or reset any preset rating levels..
Please rate this Fixya solution
Posted on Jan 20, 2009
Tips for a great answer:
Nov 10, 2013 | Sony FD Trinitron WEGA KV-24FS120 24" TV
Nov 26, 2007 | Philips 50P8341 50" Rear Projection...
Jan 06, 2010 | Televison & Video
Nov 11, 2009 | Televison & Video
Nov 14, 2008 | Televison & Video
Aug 05, 2008 | Sony Grand WEGA KDF-60XBR950 60" Rear...
Feb 12, 2008 | Televison & Video
Sep 19, 2007 | Sharp 27J-S100 TV
107 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: