Question about Timex Ironman Watches
Just recieved a brand new Timex Ironman Gps Run trainer speed + distance and i took out of the box, and followed instructions on beginning to charge the watch but no battery icon appears to confirm charging. i have tried all usb ports, check drivers, reinstalling drivers, etc. I even tried two computers to see if that was the issue and i cannot seem to figure it out. It has been plugged into the computer for several hours now.
Posted by Anonymous on
The Timex Ironman manual and website says to take the watch to a repair facility. Nope! Do it yourself!
How to replace the battery in a Timex Ironman watch:
This is easier if you remove one of the rubbery wrist bands.
1. Take note of the position of the metal back cover. You'll need to reinstall it exactly as you see it in order to hear the alarm.
2. Remove the four screws that hold the metal back cover, and pry off the cover.
3. There is a round metal clip that holds the battery in place, covered with a transparent plastic cover which likely says, "Unlatch to remove battery". Within the center of each clip, there's a small opening just large enough for a straight pin to be inserted. A jewelers screwdrive won't work - use a straight pin. Insert a straight pin into the tiny opening at the edge of the clip, and wiggle it. The clip should release. You'll only need to unlatch one side of the battery retaining ring.
4. Gently pry up the batter retaining clip, then pry up the battery. Insert new battery.
5. Replace the clip.
6. Insert a flat blade screwdriver into a slot which has two "electrodes" or pins - they need to be shorted with the screwdriver to reset the watch. Just touch the screwdriver blade across the two pins to short it.
7. Reinstall the back cover but be sure to position the cover so the alarm sounding place ( a small disc attached to the inside back cover) will reside over the sounding spring.
8. Insert screws.
Posted on Jan 25, 2008
That spring is called COIL SPRING and it transmits the signal from the microprocessor to audio membrane fixed to caseback. This is how you hear all the beeps, alarms, e.t.c.
Examine watch movement and you should fine small hole (it can be even marked with an arrow and writing: COIL SPRING).
Fit that coil spring in to the hole and close the caseback. If you hear no sound, you fitted it in the wrong hole, so, refit the coil spring till you find the right hole and hear the beeps.
Posted on Mar 30, 2009
First look for the set button then press it ,a long press and If it is blinking that's the time you to select the hour ,the minutes,the day/date,the alarms and the special features of your watch.The right button the up and down or for scrolling.Try all of this so your time will set.
Hope it may help you;
Posted on Jun 08, 2009
It could have 2 batteries! 1.5 volt for analog and lithium for digital! Take it to a reputable watch repair business and let them check! :-)
Posted on Jan 09, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 25, 2014 | Timex Ironman Run Trainer GPS
We appreciate your feedback about Run Trainer 2.0, we are truly sorry you are experiencing a problem. At Timex, our policy has always been one that allows our customers to return a product if there is a technical problem, and we will replace it free of charge. If you would like to begin the process of replacing your Run Trainer 2.0, please give us a call at 1-800-328-2677 or email us at [email protected]. Apologize for the inconvenience, and we sincerely appreciate your business - TIMEX
Apr 14, 2013 | Timex Watches
Jul 23, 2011 | Timex Ironman 53151 Wrist Watch
Mar 10, 2011 | Timex Ironman 100 Lap Triathlon...
Feb 28, 2011 | Timex Ironman Data Link 5C291 Wrist Watch
There are two ways to find the user manual for your Timex watch.
1. Find your watch on the list below and click on the language link for your manual.
2. Find the 3-digit module number located on the caseback of most Timex products and click on the corresponding language link for that number in the Module Table at the bottom of the page.
Feb 13, 2011 | Ironman New! Timex Gps Speed and Distance...
Feb 22, 2018 | Timex Ironman Triathlon Bodylink Watch...
Feb 04, 2010 | Timex Sports Ironman Triathlon 100-Lap...
Dec 27, 2009 | Timex IronMan Road Trainer Heart Rate...
Mar 24, 2009 | Timex Ironman 100 Lap Triathlon...
Aug 14, 2019 | Timex Watches
Jul 08, 2019 | Timex Watches
2,215 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!