Question about The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical Journey (480593) for Mac, PC
I just purchased a new copy of Zoombini's Logical Journey that is supposed to work on Windows XP. I installed it, but now have trouble getting it to start up. If I do manage to get it to start, it freezes up or quits responding within a minute or two. The error I seem to get the most is "unable to open zoombini.mhk" but sometimes I just get the message that it needs to shut down and asks if I want to send microsoft an error report, which I do, but then nothing.
I hope someone can help me, I love this game and really would like to be able to play it again.
If the program produces an error right after hitting the Play button, I had success by launching the file Zoombinis Logical Journey.exe in compatability mode using Window 98 / ME and 640 x 480 resolution. The shortcut that is created during install points to TLCRUN.EXE which was what caused my error.
Posted on Sep 25, 2010
I call BS on the answers unless the users above have a reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaly old PC from 2002. On newer computers you can't even get to the install stage as it will say something about contacting your vendor.
The compatability mode does not stop that message.
Posted on Dec 02, 2015
I managed to get a Mindscape 2002 edition of Zoombinis Maths Journey to work on Windows 8 using the following method:
1) Install the game as prompted when you insert the disk.
2) Go into This PC (this is on the side panel if you just open up my documents), then Windows 8 (under devices and drives), program files (x86), the learning company, zoombinis maths journey
3) Inside the zoombinis maths journey folder, there is an application called zoombinis maths journey. Right click on it, select properties and go onto the compatibility tab.
4) The settings I use (others may also work) are: run this program in compatibility mode for Windows 98, reduced colour mode 16 bit colour, run in 640X480 screen resolution, disable display scaling, run this program as an administrator. Press apply in the bottom right.of the tab.
5) Then double click on the zoombinis maths journey application (ie: the thing you were just changing the compatibility settings for in step 4) and the game should hopefully play. Note that it does not seem to play if you press play on the screen that comes up when you load the disc, so you have to use the method described in the previous sentence when you want to start the game.
Posted on Dec 08, 2014
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 01, 2013 | The Learning Company Logical Journey of...
Jul 09, 2008 | HP Computers & Internet
Aug 28, 2011 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
Jul 06, 2011 | E-Games Lexicon Word Challenge for Windows
Jan 05, 2010 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
Dec 06, 2009 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
Apr 08, 2009 | Apple iPod classic MP3 Player
Sep 25, 2007 | Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
Jan 18, 2018 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
Jun 01, 2011 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
May 19, 2011 | The Learning Company Zoombinis Logical...
12,670 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: