- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
Usually Spark Switches might get shorted out or spark module went bad, but first unplug your stove and let it sit for a while (1-2 days) then try it again, if still nothing, then You will need to open up stove to check. Here is the video I made. Screws would not come off, so i had to replace almost all components on it. Hope It Helps.
First of all, the model number is under the cooktop bottom, and secondly, this can happen due to the burner switches got wet somehow. Best thing to do is to unplug unit for 6-12 hours, allow to dry, then re-plug unit back in, this should be enough time to dry out the burner switches.
there are sparker modules on each burner behind the button, it may be that yours is failed, if you turn on other knob and you see spark at problem burner and still isn't lighting you have to make sure the black or grey tops are paced on perfectly, just give them a little nudge and you have to make sure area is perfectly clean for spark to take effect, spark will go for cleanest area on metal. so ensure area is clean and check burner top
Electric gas igniters sometimes get stuck in one position causing a clicking sound. The clicking sound that you hear is the electric arc that is pulsing from the igniter conductor (wire) to ground (the gas burner). It receives power from the electrical outlet that the stove is plugged into.
Residue from food and sometimes cleaning products may be preventing the igniter from producing a spark (Arc) to the base of the burner. This is a common problem that occurs when the stove has been cleaned or food is allowed to build up. Make sure that the igniter and the burner base are clean and dry. This will help with proper operation. Oven cleaner and a small tooth brush may be used to accomplish this. Another problem with ignition may occur if you have too little (touching) or too much space between the igniter and the base of the burner; it will prevent the burner from igniting. You should only have a little more space than the thickness of a nickel between the burner base and the igniter. A good “blue” arc from the igniter to the burner base is optimal. If this doesn’t work, you may need to replace the electric igniter module. Good luck.
try unplugging the unit over night, itspossible that by you cleaning the tops, the electrodes got wet, falsley sparkin, when the water dries out it should stop, and no not dangerous in any way, only annoying to listen to