Question about Humax FOXAT HDR DTV Receiver
Posted by Anonymous on
This can happen if the dish is slightly misaligned. I believe the postcode tables are read from a satellite which is about 0.3 degrees away from the Astra satellites. If your dish is slightly misaligned it may not be able to receive it correctly, also the following is the standard procedure which you've probably already been through, but I hope it helps:
1. Freesat Detection Fails / Invalid Postcode
Dish Alignment, LNB, cabling, or connectors.
Posted on Nov 16, 2017
SOURCE: we live in the postcode
If the frequencies and the other settings (polarisation, signal ratio and fec) are ok then both Humax boxes have died at the same time, possibly because of the power surge - sattellite boxes are very susceptible to damages in cases like that.
The only thing you can do is to test them by performing a full reset to factory status - the option for that is in the menu. Once the reset is done you should try to program and view at least a few channels. - if you can't pick any of then then you will know for sure that you need new boxes.
Posted on Oct 19, 2010
Tips for a great answer:
Oct 22, 2017 | Humax Televison & Video
Sep 02, 2017 | Humax Televison & Video
Feb 02, 2016 | Humax Televison & Video
Jul 27, 2015 | Humax Televison & Video
Oct 12, 2014 | Televison & Video
Aug 02, 2014 | Humax Televison & Video
Jun 02, 2014 | Video Cameras
OTA - Over the Air Software Updates will be broadcast via satellite for the product when new updates are
available. Humax reserves the right for deciding when the software updates will be released.
Follow below to ensure that you receive the OTA Software Updates when they are released:
1* You are connected to a suitable satellite dish and are receiving the all of the freesat service.
2* The signal strength and quality are at a high level; if you are experiencing problems with the signal
then please do not continue with the download.
3* The product is in Standby mode each night allowing it to detect, download, and install the updates
* Please do not unplug the product from the mains during the software update procedure; this can
cause the product not to operate.
* Please do not remove the antenna cable from the dish from the product during the update as this can
cause the product not to operate
* For information on the release of new software or the changes made please visit www.humaxdigital.
* The download can take between 5 - 10 minutes to complete.
* During the update process you will not be able to use the product.
* During the software update scheduled recordings will not take place.
* You cannot schedule programmes during software update
Sep 18, 2011 | Humax FOXAT HDR DTV Receiver
Dec 26, 2010 | Hitachi 42PD6600 42 in. HD-Ready Plasma...
Oct 25, 2009 | Televison & Video
May 31, 2014 | Humax FOXAT HDR DTV Receiver
205 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: