Question about Philips Magnavox Learning Universal Remote
I have a code table for you, you may try this if its different than yours. Here is the direct link (You need Adobe Reader to open it)
Posted on Dec 29, 2007
You can find the remote control codes for different brands
of devices from
If none of the codes work then we have two other solutions:
1. Searching For Your Code
If you have tried all of the set-up codes for your brand of equipment ,or your brand is not listed, and you are still not able to get the unit to respond, try the following procedure to search for your code.
If you don't find a code that works, the remote will flash four times when you reach the end of all the codes for this device type.
Make sure that the remote is pointed at your device during the search, You may have to press this sequences of buttons up to 100 times to search the entire library of codes.
2. Learn the buttons from the original
Line up your original remote and the head-to-head before completing the following steps.
Now you can repeat steps 3 through 5 to learn other functions onto other keys or press and hold SETUP until the Cinema's red light flashes twice to lock in your new feature. (If the red light does not blink twice, stop and repeat steps through 6).
To test the new feature, press and release the device key in which the new feature was learned followed by the key on which the feature was learned
More help for programming your remote can be found here:
Hope that helps!
If your issue is not resolved, please do not assign a rating just yet. Please post back as to what steps you took, results, etc, and I will try to assist you further as best I can. I am here at your service.
P.S. -You can rate this solution with one of four votes, if you feel your issue is resolved (remember that at times a bit of to and fro dialogue may be necessary to resolve an issue).
Posted on May 07, 2008
SOURCE: Universal Remote Codes
1. Manually turn on the device (TV, VCR, etc.) to be controlled.
2. Press and hold the CODE SEARCH button until the red indicator stays on, then release the CODE SEARCH button.
3. Press and quickly release the desired mode button (TV, VCR, etc.). The red indicator blinks off once.
4. Press the CHANNEL UP button repeatedly (up to 300 times) until the device to be controlled changes channel. The red indicator blinks off with each button press. If you accidentally overshoot the code required, press the CHANNEL DOWN button to backtrack through the library until the device changes channel. Pressing CHANNEL UP changes the direction to forward again.
5. Press and release MUTE to install the code.
Posted on Jun 21, 2008
Tips for a great answer:
Dec 15, 2017 | LG Televison & Video
Aug 20, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Feb 05, 2016 | Televison & Video
Jan 01, 2016 | LG Televison & Video
Dec 18, 2015 | LG Televison & Video
Jan 06, 2012 | Philips Magnavox Learning Universal Remote
Jun 04, 2011 | LG 42PC3D 42 in. Plasma Television
Nov 29, 2010 | LG Televison & Video
1,037 people viewed this question
Usually answered in minutes!
Step 2: Please assign your manual to a product: