Rotary tone on GE 6.0 cordless phone won't turn off
I have the GE 6.0 dect cordless phone and it makes a rotary sound when I dial numbers. I can't figure out how to get it to turn off. It makes it so I can't call any automated system and I can't even check my voicemail.
Re: rotary tone on GE 6.0 cordless phone won't turn off
From the Handset Setup Menu: 1. Press the caller ID-volume ( 5 or 6) button to scroll to the TONE PULSE sub-menu. 2. Press mute/program button to enter the menu. TONE/PULSE 41TONE 2PULSE shows in the display. The default setting is “1 TONE”. 3. Use the touch-tone pad or caller ID-volume ( 5 or 6) to enter 1 TONE or 2 PULSE. 4. Press the mute/program button to confirm. You will hear a confirmation tone and your selection shows in the display.
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
My phone is making a lot of noise and static on in coming call so bad I can't talk. out going I can't make. I put in the number to dial call does not go through ,but I can hear the dial tone. do I need a new battery or is there something wrong with the phone itself.
Here are the instructions and a link to the manual :
From the Handset Setup Menu:
1. Press the caller ID-volume ( 6 or 5) button to scroll to the KEY TONE sub-menu.
2. Press mute/program button to enter the menu. SET KEY TONE 41ON 2 OFF shows in the display. The default setting is 1ON.
3. Use the touch tone pad on the handset to select 1 or 2, or use the caller ID-volume ( 6 or 5) button to scroll to your selection.
Here is a link to the manual for you :
If the 900MHZ phone is Model 26928M programming for rotary dial usually goes like below, can't hurt to try on any model.
This adjustment allows you to select tone (touch-tone) or pulse (rotary) mode dialing. The phone is pre-set for
touch-tone use. To set to tone or pulse dialing:
1. Press and hold the program button for two seconds. You will hear a beep.
2. Press the *tone button to select Tone Dialing or press #pause to select Pulse Dialing.
3. Press the program button again. You will hear a confirmation tone.