Hi, I just purchased a 1GB ILO MP3 player from walmart and it is saying I only have 671MB of free space available out of 941 and I do not even have anything on it yet. What is taking up the extra nearly 300 mb of space already?
An expert who has achieved level 3 by getting 1000 points
An expert that got 20 achievements.
An expert that got 10 achievements.
An expert that got 5 achievements.
OK what that means is that although the Max is 1GB, after FORMATTING & Directory Structure, IE: The "Roadmap" for the disk so the PC etc know how to "Use" it well that "Takes Up" the difference in Bytes. Perhaps there are some programs on it? All Memory like that has this occur. It does seem to me to be a bit "High" but it may indeed be correct.. 1GB = 1024 x 1024
- If you need clarification, ask it in the comment box above.
- Better answers use proper spelling and grammar.
- Provide details, support with references or personal experience.
Tell us some more! Your answer needs to include more details to help people.You can't post answers that contain an email address.Please enter a valid email address.The email address entered is already associated to an account.Login to postPlease use English characters only.
Tip: The max point reward for answering a question is 15.
I did sort it out. I used the USB connection cable and downloaded to the player as I would to a drive. But one thing I did realize is that the audio book needs to be the only thing on the player as at first I couldn't access the first pages. It may be because of the size of the player (1 gb) but once I deleted my music stored on it, the first pages popped up. Thank you.
You need to delete some songs off of there - even though the player advertises X amount of storage space, this number is actually lower because the player needs to use some of that space to process information. Just delete a few songs off of there (3MB worth to be exact), and you should be good to go again.
Same thing happened to me. I was using windows media player to sync my song and it says my player was using 260 mb of space even though it was formatted time after time. I simply loaded as many song as I could fit on the player. When I unplugged it and plugged it back in, windows media now showed that missing 260 mb of space as available. The only catch is that the song I had already uploaded on to the player were not shown on the sync list.
your ILO has somehow lost its file structure. look for a tiny pinhole to reset the device. if none, then remove batteries to attempt reset. if still no songs, then firmware upgrade if possible or copy file structure (using windows) from a friend's ILO.