The Sansa Media Converter (SMC) software is required to convert and transfer videos and photos (pictures) to your Sansa player as well as the memory card in your Sansa player.
NOTE: Only the Sansa e200v2, Fuze, and View allow viewing of video files from the memory card.
STEP 1 - Download and install Sansa Media Converter
The Sansa Media Converter application is available via the Sansa Firmware Updater
STEP 2 - Convert and transfer your video or image files
NOTE: To see a list of supported image/video file formats, see Sansa Media Converter does not convert a file
1. Run the Sansa Media Converter.
2. Connect the Sansa player to the PC.
3. If a Portable Device windows appears, select Sansa Media Converter using Sansa Media Converter.
4. The Sansa player should appear on the left pane of the Sansa Media Converter console.
5. Click Add Media to add video or photo files to be converted and transferred.
(In the sample below we imported an image and a video file)
6. The converted files are stored in My Album by default. To place them in a different folder, select My Album then type in a new name.
7. Depending on what Sansa player that's plugged in or if a microSD is present in the Sansa player, click on the Sansa player or the microSD card on the left pane to select where to transfer the converted files. (in the sample below, we selected the microSD card)
8. Click Convert to covert the files.
9. Once the files are converted it's automatically transferred to the device or microSD.
10. Click OK when finished.