This solution works for both TARGUS MODEL: AMP01EU and AMP01US (AMP01U AMPolu AMPolEU)
1. Connect the TARGUS reciever to the USB port on your PC.
2. Let it install 'the human interface thing...'
3. Reboot the PC (Windows 2000 and Windows XP)
4. Put fresh batteries in the handheld trackball thing (=the remote)
5. Switch the power switch on the handheld remote from OFF to ON
6. Verify that the green LED is now alive
7. On the reciever press the little button besides the enlightened RED LED to turn it off.
8. On the remote - PUSH the little hidden button on the bottom between the LASER pushbutton and the battery cover multiple times until the RED led on the reciver turns on again. (= We have now connection!)
9. SHAKE mechanichally the remote, so you hear some clicking noise from the remote.
10. Verify that the mouse cursor on the PC screen now can be controlled from the remote.
Please post here if it works or not for you.
A shorter version:
Turn the REMOTE ON
SHAKE IT FORCEFULLY
10 If you have a broken or damaged Targus amp01us presenter, I might be interested in purchasing it. I need to extract the internal transmitter and so it doesn't need to function. If you're interested in selling it you can contact me at [email protected]
See this site ... http://www.remote-codes.com/universalcodes.htm please rate me if it help u
Usually answered in minutes!